Fatal error XBT047 - System memory exhausted

This forum is for eXpress++ general support.
Victorio

Fatal error XBT047 - System memory exhausted

#1 Post by Victorio »

Hi,
Today I have problem with this error, when compiling. I include to my source several rows and this error starts.
I do not understand why, but after 7 hours experiments I see, if I input one field more to DCBROWSE, error occur. When blocked it, no error.
I absolutly do not understand where is problem, DBF is Visual Fox pro type and have only 65 fields but in browser show less.
I mean some problem with variables or source size, but when I input other function to program, no errors. Only when put other fields to DCBROWSE.

Have anyone encountered such an error before?

Tom

Re: Fatal error XBT047 - System memory exhausted

#2 Post by Tom »

Do you use 1.9SL1? There was/is a problem with the aimplib.exe tool on Windows 10 systems, which ran out of memory when building the lib images. The suggestion from Alaska was to replace it with the version from Xbase++ 2.0, which is fully compatible.
Best regards,
Tom

"Did I offend you?"
"No."
"Okay, give me a second chance."

Victorio

#3 Post by Victorio »

No,Ihave version 2.0
And eXpress 265 release.
Just now I tryed compile on other PC/notebook also Windows 10 64bit and also this error,
that looks problem is not in PC /OS installation, but must be some limitation variables or I do not know what.
Several months I had similar problem but then helps divide one large PRG (30000 lines) to two smaller.
Now this not help, also when I divide PRG to 5 small files.
Becase I mean I have many PUBLIC variables or arrays ?
Or something else.

Victorio

#4 Post by Victorio »

some news :
Default size of exe file was more than 20MB .
I remove severa unused functions then size exe is less, 19.983 MB, and now compile link without error.
I mean this help me temporaly.

Can be some problem with size of EXE file ? I mean 20MB is not large file, so I understand plus DLLs etc.
Also I do not understand why Windows 10 use still more than 3GB (my PC has 8GB) but this is still about MS...

bwolfsohn

#5 Post by bwolfsohn »

Based on your posts, i think the issue is with the size of your .prg files.
Brian Wolfsohn
Retired and traveling around the country to music festivals in my RV.
OOPS.. Corona Virus, so NOT traveling right now...
http://www.breadmanrises.com
FB travel group: The Breadman Rises

Eugene Lutsenko
Location: Russia, Southern federal district, city of Krasnodar

#6 Post by Eugene Lutsenko »

bwolfsohn wrote:Based on your posts, i think the issue is with the size of your .prg files.
I don't think so. My prg file compiles normally: http://lc.kubagro.ru/__AIDOS-X.txt the size of more than 127 thousand lines. This results in an exe file with a size of 21491200 bytes. It is normally executed. At the same time, I have Alaska 1.9 and Windows 7. Try restarting your computer. Immediately after this, run the compilation as quickly as possible. It may be compiled in this way.

Victorio

#7 Post by Victorio »

Eugene,
You mean, compile before OS load more modules that occupate memory ?

At this moment after remove unused functions (only about 1500 rows code but functions for calculate GPS coordinates where I use 25 decimals in numbers and also functions SIN,COS,... ) compilation without problem.
Later I will try input some other functions only for test to get larger EXE file to test if problem return

Eugene Lutsenko
Location: Russia, Southern federal district, city of Krasnodar

#8 Post by Eugene Lutsenko »

yes. if you start compiling when these modules haven't loaded yet, this will be their problem, not the compiler's problem. By the way. Windows will then provide these modules with the memory left over from the compiler. And then, when the modules are already loaded, the compiler will still work, because the memory space for it is already reserved.

Victorio

#9 Post by Victorio »

THX for advice, when problem again occur I will try this.