Birthdays and retirement

Discussion of any topic that lifts your mind or your spirit
sdenjupol148

Re: Birthdays and retirement

#11 Post by sdenjupol148 »

To Roger,

You know, in my earlier post when I said:
You've often said that you're going to retire this year but each time I would just laugh and say that no one will let you
I always thought that the people who wouldn't let you retire would be people like me.
I never thought it would be You :lol:

Glad to have you back!

Bobby

bwolfsohn

#12 Post by bwolfsohn »

It sounds like this is a good thing for you...

Me, i hope to sell the company this year..
Buy a Class B motorhome (roadtrek 210)
travel around to folk festivals and bake bread...

The new owners will probably need an xbase programmer...
Hopefully, it won't be me.. :)

Writing from the Kerrville Folk Festival where it's day 14 of the 18 day festival.
I've been here for 22 days camping in 100 degree texas weather.. (with some a/c)
Brian Wolfsohn
Retired and traveling around the country to music festivals in my RV.
OOPS.. Corona Virus, so NOT traveling right now...
http://www.breadmanrises.com
FB travel group: The Breadman Rises

skiman

#13 Post by skiman »

rdonnay wrote:Now that 3 weeks of retirement have passed since my birthday, I realized that retirement isn't going to work for me. I realized that most of my friends are here in the Xbase++ community.

I joined the VFW (Veterans of Foreign Wars), expecting that maybe I would hook up with some veterans of my age and develop some friendships. I realized that I have very little in common with these men. They have nothing to talk about except their old grievances and prejudices. The current president stokes the culture wars and they are happy to assist him. I don't want any part of this.

I'm back baby!!!!
:banana-dreads: :banana-explosion:
Best regards,

Chris.
www.aboservice.be

RDalzell

#14 Post by RDalzell »

Hi Roger,

What we do makes us what we are, thus you cannot retire from yourself.

If you enjoy what you do then why leave it, if you do not enjoy it, then to thine own self be true.

Your contributions have made lives better for a whole lot of people, I am glad you improved mine and most especially to be able to call you friend.

Whatever you choose for your life path forward,
live with health, love and enjoy.

Rick

rdonnay
Site Admin

#15 Post by rdonnay »

If you enjoy what you do then why leave it, if you do not enjoy it, then to thine own self be true.
Rick - I always knew you were a philosopher. What other kind of person would be so generous as you are, both with your words and your gifts of Silver Oak?

Speaking of Silver Oak, I had held on to the 2012 Napa Silver Oak that you sent me for a special occasion. That occasion was my granddaughter's birthday. I took the bottle to Chandler's restaurant a few days ago along with my granddaughter and her husband. I was looking forward to introducing them to a very good Napa wine and telling them about my friend who is the chief of police of Alsip, Illinois and is also a very generous man. The restaurant has a corkage fee of $20.00 for bring-your-own wine but they would not let me enjoy that bottle.
They refused to serve it because the same bottle (2012 Napa Silver Oak) was on their wine list - $255.00. I took it back home and will save it for another occasion, maybe for the next time I see you.
The eXpress train is coming - and it has more cars.

RDalzell

#16 Post by RDalzell »

Roger,

Please find another great occasion to enjoy that bottle.
I hope to travel your way soon and will bring another to toast with, perhaps to salute past old friends, current old friends and future old friends.

Best regards,
Rick