application does not respond

This forum is for general support of Xbase++
Dian

application does not respond

#1 Post by Dian »

Our application is hanging up every since we went to 1.9. It normally happens after a period of inactivity on the computer or switching to another program for a period of time, usually after 10- 30 minutes. Our application just quits responding and doesn't give any errors. The main application window can be selected, but no menus or child windows will respond. Sometimes the application can be shut down by right clicking on the windows task bar and choosing exit, most of the time though, task manager is needed to shut down the application. Starting Internet explorer will also cause the application to hang. The application is also locking up on a long processing job. It hangs up at a clients site on a xp computer with 2 gbyte ram after about 25 minutes. On my Window 7 computer with 4 gb ram it runs for 30 - 40 minutes before stopping. I have been watching the performance monitor on my computer and it is only using about half of available memory and is not doing any disk activity. It doesn't seem to make any difference if our application is the only application running or if there is other activity happening.

Does anyone have any ideas on what could be going on or what I can do to figure it out? We are using Xbase 1.90.33 and express build 255, on xp,vista and window 7 workstations normally in a network enviroment.

Dian

rdonnay
Site Admin

Re: application does not respond

#2 Post by rdonnay »

Dian -

Have you tried Xbase++ build 355 (SL1)?

Roger
The eXpress train is coming - and it has more cars.

skiman

#3 Post by skiman »

Hi Dian,

Is this also happening on a local computer, without using a network?
Best regards,

Chris.
www.aboservice.be

Dian

#4 Post by Dian »

I have installed all the alaska service packs and rollups and have checked the resource monitor to ensure that the proper versions are being loaded. I also tried running the long process on my local computer and it failed also. I forgot to mention that we are using ADS also.

Auge_Ohr

#5 Post by Auge_Ohr »

Dian wrote:I have installed all the alaska service packs and rollups
did you "full" install SL1 1.9.355 or did you "upgrade" 1.9.331 with "Patch" ?
it is not recommend to install "all" Hotfix ...

while you talk about "Time" ...
as you are working unter Win7 did you "disable" every Energie default setting e.g. HD, Network Card ?
greetings by OHR
Jimmy

Dian

#6 Post by Dian »

I installed the alaska service pack, then have installed the hotfix rollups. I do have my energy saving settingseither turned off or set to over 60 minutes. But I don't think that they are causing the problem because the freeze up occurs after 30 minutes if application is the only thing running or if I am using running other applications simutaneously.