grumpfish reporter

This forum is for general support of Xbase++
BruceN

grumpfish reporter

#1 Post by BruceN »

I (and a number of my customers) still use the old (but classic) grumpfish reporter.

This past weekend my final 32 bit computer (notebook) bit the dust,, I'm all 64 bit now. DOS programs don't run on 64 bit computers.

Does anyone have a 32 bit compile of the reporter? Or know of a 32 bit report generator that is as good and easy to use as grumpfish (one that is either freeware, or inexpensive with a distribution license - not per user costs).

thanks,

bruce
There are only 10 kinds of people - those who understand binary and those who don't :)

rdonnay
Site Admin

Re: grumpfish reporter

#2 Post by rdonnay »

Doesn't Grumpfish give you the source code?

Here's a GRUMP.DLL I compiled from the Grump source. I had to make a few changes to the source.
I don't think this contains reporter because I think that was a different product.
Attachments
grump.zip
(722.2 KiB) Downloaded 703 times
The eXpress train is coming - and it has more cars.

BruceN

#3 Post by BruceN »

I used to have it... but that was back when dinosaurs ruled the earth. now, i can't find it. it could be buried in one of several dozen boxes up in the attic... or it could be in the landfill. no idea.

even if i had it, i wouldn't know what i needed to change to make it compile. that's why i was hoping someone would have 'updated' it.

my notebook died a horrible death and replacement hasn't gotten here yet... so i'm dead in the water. once i get it in and confiurted i'll take a look at the dll and see if it has anything useful to me.

thanks
There are only 10 kinds of people - those who understand binary and those who don't :)

sdenjupol148

#4 Post by sdenjupol148 »

Bruce,

I have a couple of clients who use very old versions of programs I wrote in DOS many years ago.
Recently they upgraded to 64 bit and found that the software did not run.
Their solution was to download DosBox, an open source DOS emulator for 64 bit machines.

They tell me that the software runs great.
Saved me from having to re-write into a 32 bit app.

Maybe it could solve your problem as well?

Bobby

BruceN

#5 Post by BruceN »

thanks.. I'll try it out.

Not the idea solution.. but it may solve the problem.