Vx issues with win 7

This forum is for general support of Xbase++
BruceN

Vx issues with win 7

#1 Post by BruceN »

I recently switched my primary boot to 7 from xp. Now, I'm having sporatic MONDO BIZZARRO things happen with vx.

I have nongl := .t. then after processing that line, nongl = .t.. I have mVar := 'B95' and after processing the lnie, mVar = 'B85'.

I made an avi showing it happeneing using bb express as Roger recommended. It's a little large (~49 meg).

Any thoughts????? I'm kind of dead in the water until I can figure it out.

As always, thanks to all you wzards!

bruce
There are only 10 kinds of people - those who understand binary and those who don't :)

BruceN

Re: Vx issues with win 7

#2 Post by BruceN »

excuse typos in message. nongl was set to .t. and after processing that line it was still .f.

not sure if avi file uploaded. so i zipped it and put it on our ftp site.

http://ftp.ezpos.com/vxissue.zip
There are only 10 kinds of people - those who understand binary and those who don't :)

BruceN

#3 Post by BruceN »

more info... using xbase 355 and express 254. just for fun, i moved whole xbase stuff to xp boot. same issue, so its not a win 7 problem - its something in my stuff.

restored prg from a few days ago. ran it in debug mode. on this code (sbe = 5)

(I added line numbers in here) break point at line 1. debugger went to lines:
1,2,4,5,6,7,8,7,8,7,8... and was in an infinite loop between lines 7&8.

i have no freakin clue as to what got ausgefucked. any thoughts PLEASE.

1 chancy = .t. // true if a demo
2 // chancy = .f.
4 do case
5 case sbe = 1
6 mVar := 'M91' // IPOS
7 case sbe = 1.1
8 mVar := 'H91' //IPOS Home
9 case sbe = 2
10 mVar:= 'N77' //BN 4/22/04
11 otherwise
12 if nongl
13 mVar:='N95' //BN 5/06
14 else
15 mVar:='B95' //BN 5/06
16 endif
endcase

rdonnay
Site Admin

#4 Post by rdonnay »

I suspect it's a VX problem. I don't use VX because I find I can debug much faster with the tools in eXpress++.
The eXpress train is coming - and it has more cars.

BruceN

#5 Post by BruceN »

I wasn't aware that your library had a development environment. Other than the WTF we talked about a while ago, I'm not aware of any of your development tools. Where do I look for info on them? The help file (as all of them) is really only good if you have an idea of what you are looking for and need syntax or parameters. It isn't a 'here's how to'... file.

I would LOVE to get away from vx, but after playing with delphi a few years ago I LOVED their envronment and vx was 'reasonably' close. Before that I was using Crimson editor and pbuild from a dos prompt with no ability to step thru (had to put msg boxes everywhere I wanted to see things.

thanks