Capturing web browser events in Xbase++ application

This forum is for general support of Xbase++
ccarmac

Capturing web browser events in Xbase++ application

#1 Post by ccarmac »

Does anyone know how to launch an ActiveX XbpHtmlViewr or IE object inside a Xbase++ application and intercept a javascript event or window.external event from the web browser object? I've been trying to find a way to do this, and so far have been unsuccessful.

I tried attaching an addEventListener method the web browser document object, but that didn't seem to work.

I'm trying to integrate my application with a third-party website. My application launches the web site using a XbpHtmlViewer or IE object, then the user adds items to a shopping cart and selects a "Transfer" button. The transfer button calls a custom event named OnCopyToWo and passes in the contents the shopping cart. I'm supposed to intercept the OnCopyToWo event and retrieve the shopping cart data, but I can't find a way to do that. I tried creating a OnCopyToWo function, hoping that the web site would call it somehow, but that didn't work.

If anyone has an ideas regarding how this can be done, please let me know. Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Chris Carmac
Freedomsoft