Attachments
Win32_Processor.zip
(1.42 KiB) Downloaded 888 times
greetings by OHR
Jimmy

psc

Re: CPU ID

#5 Post by psc »

If you're looking for the processor serial number, I think that was only available on Pentium III's, and is no longer available in modern Intel CPU's.
The ProcessorID field in Auge_Ohr's excellent program is actually the processor feature set.
ProcessorId
Data type: string
Access type: Read-only
Qualifiers: MappingStrings ("SMBIOS|Type 4|Processor Information|Processor ID")
Processor information that describes the processor features. For an x86 class CPU, the field format depends on the processor support of the CPUID instruction. If the instruction is supported, the property contains 2 (two) DWORD formatted values. The first is an offset of 08h-0Bh, which is the EAX value that a CPUID instruction returns with input EAX set to 1. The second is an offset of 0Ch-0Fh, which is the EDX value that the instruction returns. Only the first two bytes of the property are significant and contain the contents of the DX register at CPU reset—all others are set to 0 (zero), and the contents are in DWORD format.
This value comes from the Processor ID member of the Processor Information structure in the SMBIOS information.
Excerpt from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CPUID#EAX ... ial_Number

If you want the CPU features, like the processor model, speed, etc. then Auge_Ohr's program is just right. If you want something like the old PIII processor serial number, than this is probably not what you need.

psc