How to create a WSDL web service

This forum is for general support of Xbase++
skiman

Re: How to create a WSDL web service

#31 Post by skiman »

Hi Cliff,

With SOAPUI you can READ a WSDL to test, but you can't create it. Unless you know an option to do it?
Best regards,

Chris.
www.aboservice.be

Cliff Wiernik

#32 Post by Cliff Wiernik »

I have not used it so I must have misread the advertising page.

pedroah

#33 Post by pedroah »

c-tec

#34 Post by c-tec »

Hello,
the littel tool from pedroah and this docs http://www.tutorialspoint.com/wsdl/ are for me very helpful, have also to make a SOAP interface and got a lot of complicated wsdl files. But I think each complicated defintions results in a few line of code.
regards
Rudolf
Rudolf Reinthaler
digital pen & paper systems
http://www.formcommander.net

skiman

#35 Post by skiman »

Hi Rudolf,

If you have a WSDL you can import it and test very easily with SOAPUI. At that moment you see the complete XML request, which makes it very simple to create your SOAP request with XB2net.
Best regards,

Chris.
www.aboservice.be

Cliff Wiernik

#36 Post by Cliff Wiernik »

I have trouble understanding how to use pedroah's tool. I appears to work off of a dotnet assembly to generate the wsdl. If we are designing our own soap server using xb2net and want to create a wsdl so that other outside users can use our wsdl to define the connection to our soap server, how is it used. We do not have a dotnet assembly, but a xb2net soap server. The outside party wants the wsdl to plug into the spring/dotnet tools to generate their soap client services to contact our soap server, designed in xb2net.

c-tec

#37 Post by c-tec »

Hello,
pedorah's tool only make the wsdl file better readable. I got a test project from my customer for the project, have imported it and generated a mock service. Now I have a XML with the soap envelope. Now I try first with XB2NET to use action and attached parameters, and when this does not work result xml with the soal envelope as parameter in xbSOAPEnvelope():new() from soapUI. Now I need the url for to send the request, is this in the top of the window in SoapUI ? I am confused because the test mock xml file has so much urls included. And here I do not mean the .wsdl urls.

regards
Rudolf
Rudolf Reinthaler
digital pen & paper systems
http://www.formcommander.net