Problems posting new messages

This forum is for general questions about how to use this board.
rdonnay
Site Admin

Problems posting new messages

#1 Post by rdonnay »

I received several emails from a board user who said he doesn't like the performance of the new board. He likes the old Webboard better.

I have put a lot of effort into providing the very best forum experience I can.
The phpBB forum software is considered the best in the world, so I am perplexed as to what is his problem.

It is not easy to figure out what is his problem, so while Bobby was helping me with some tests this morning, he realized that a message will not get posted if there is an empty subject. He posted two messages this morning but forgot to enter a subject. This may be what some of you have experienced when you spent a good amount of time creating a message, clicked SUBMIT and then the message never appeared. I consider this to be a bug in the phpBB software and I will try to correct this, but for now, everyone should remember that when posting a NEW message that you MUST include the subject line.
The eXpress train is coming - and it has more cars.

bwolfsohn

Re: Problems posting new messages

#2 Post by bwolfsohn »

Roger,

I've got to tell you, i REALLY liked the old board..

And, i really didn't like the new board..

but, as i've used it and become used to it, it certainly seems to be an upgrade over the old webboard.

there hasn't been enough activity to give you an opinion on searching, but for keeping up with new messages, i'll give it two thumbs up.. (or, if you're a tivo fan, three thumbs up..)

Brian
Brian Wolfsohn
Retired and traveling around the country to music festivals in my RV.
OOPS.. Corona Virus, so NOT traveling right now...
http://www.breadmanrises.com
FB travel group: The Breadman Rises

sdenjupol148

#3 Post by sdenjupol148 »

Roger,

I'm with Brian on this. I was't comfortable with this board at all.
The old board was like the old chair; faded upholstery and falling apart but very familiar.
This is the new chair.
Slick leather upholstery and stiff.
But after sitting in it a few times it's starting to lossen up and feel very good.

I'm happy you switched over.

Bobby :P

rdonnay
Site Admin

#4 Post by rdonnay »

When I first saw this software, I didn't like it either, but it only took posting a few messages to realize the power and the potential. I have a book on PHP and would like to start adding some mods some day to improve the experience even more, but for now I am very pleased with it.
The eXpress train is coming - and it has more cars.