updated touchscreen number pad

This forum is for ideas and or code to be contributed for general use.
BruceN

updated touchscreen number pad

#1 Post by BruceN »

I've got an updated number pad that I modified from Roger's touchscreen samples (images attached).

It looks a lot more modern, has a more conventional key layout, and the buttons actually appear to be pressed, rather than flashing (as the original does). The text at the top is a parameter so you can prompt for what input is required.

If there's interest, I'll post the code. If there's enough interest, I might even be convinced to update the keyboard the same way.

I hope some of you use it... it would make me feel REAL good to know I've returned the favor in some small way for all the help I've gotten here.

thanks,

bruce
Attachments
old and new number pads
old and new number pads
numpad.jpg (115.58 KiB) Viewed 22417 times
There are only 10 kinds of people - those who understand binary and those who don't :)

rdonnay
Site Admin

Re: updated touchscreen number pad

#2 Post by rdonnay »

Bruce -

That is really nice.

If you post the code and the bitmaps, I will make sure this gets into the next build.

Roger
The eXpress train is coming - and it has more cars.

BruceN

#3 Post by BruceN »

I'll try and get the keyboard done in the next few days and post it all.

BTW: the design and images were done by my son, Blake (promised I'd give him credit). He's going to Tulane and majoring in digital media arts. Now if anyone needs some design work done.... ;)
There are only 10 kinds of people - those who understand binary and those who don't :)

Auge_Ohr

#4 Post by Auge_Ohr »

hi,

are those Bitmap on right Calulator using Ownerdraw PushButton ?

if yes use GraEdge to get real round Edge and rid of that gray Parts shown below
GraBoxRadius.jpg
GraBoxRadius.jpg (5.24 KiB) Viewed 22406 times
greetings by OHR
Jimmy

BruceN

#5 Post by BruceN »

I don't think so... as I don't even know what an 'ownerdraw pushbutton' is. The borders were put there to make it look like real buttons. If someone wants to change them... very easy to do.

Look for code for this and the keyboard tomorrow.

bruce

BruceN

#6 Post by BruceN »

I'm getting close... I have a few more fine adjustments to make.

One issue: the [enter] key (see attahed image). I have it as a 'L' shped image (actually a reverse 'L'). However, the bmp file is rectangular and the upper left portion of it is white space. I have that hidden under the apostraphe. When I click the [enter] it shows the whole button (including the white top left corner for a fraction of a second.

Is there a way to use a jpg or some other image that can be odd shaped? Or another way to handle the problem. It really isn;t THAT noticable... but I want this to be as perfect as I can make it.

thanks,

bruce
Attachments
keyboard1.jpg
keyboard1.jpg (93.33 KiB) Viewed 22384 times

Auge_Ohr

#7 Post by Auge_Ohr »

BruceN wrote:However, the bmp file is rectangular and the upper left portion of it is white space.
this is why i point you to GraEdge
BruceN wrote:When I click the [enter] it shows the whole button (including the white top left corner for a fraction of a second.
this is the "visual Style" of the Button which you see before your Bitmap / JPG
BruceN wrote:Is there a way to use a jpg or some other image that can be odd shaped? Or another way to handle the problem.
as i say try Ownerdraw to have full Control of "painting"
greetings by OHR
Jimmy

skiman

#8 Post by skiman »

Hi Bruce,

Looks really nice.

Maybe some suggestion in case you didn't thought about it?
  • @ should be easy. This kind of keyboard is very usefull to ask a customer his email address in a store.
    / * + above the numeric keypad.
Best regards,

Chris.
www.aboservice.be

Tom

#9 Post by Tom »

Besides Ownerdrawing: XbParts based on XbpDialogs can be shown within a "region", which can be a polygonic area of any shape. Look at DC_RegionArray() for samples.
Best regards,
Tom

"Did I offend you?"
"No."
"Okay, give me a second chance."

BruceN

#10 Post by BruceN »

I hadn't forgotten about the 'upper keys' (over the numbers). Here's an image with caps lock pressed.

I'll look at your suggestions (ownerdraw and dc_regionarray) and TRY to see if I can understand it. The dc_region looks like the easiet solution from a 10 second look. If the object (button) is larger than the region, does the part outside the region simply get ignored, and not show on the screen.. If so, then that should do it.

I have a proposal for a customer (yeah.. possibly some money coming in - hooray :) I have to get done today. When I finish that, Ill go back to the keyboard. Hopefully I'll have it late today or tomorrow.

If any of you actually use it, please let me know, It would make me feel as it I have an a small degree repaid you for your assitance and tolerance of an old, ignorant, southerner (ok, transplanted yankee).

thanks,
Attachments
caps.jpg
caps.jpg (175.47 KiB) Viewed 22351 times