Assistance with developing template-various questions

This forum is for ideas and or code to be contributed for general use.
Cliff Wiernik

Assistance with developing template-various questions

#1 Post by Cliff Wiernik »

I need to develop the following:

1. Account verification form (that could also be printed out) that would be based on a template.
2. Would be totally user customizable have questions, some with Y/N answer, some with text entry, some with numerics
3. Information would be saved to a file, with reference/coding to the specific lines, etc. allowing data to be retrieved and managed.
4. Some answers may trigger additional questions/popup, etc.
5. Probably would have a master file of available fields names and values that could be used, maybe including the text of the question prompts. The template file might only control the formatting of the screen and the loading/unloading of the current/modified responses.

I am looking for thoughts on how to approach this, maybe some samples. I should be able to address the coding issue once I get the implementation structure established. The process would be where I would read the template file, and then construct the data entry screen.

Any thoughts, ideas, samples would be greatly appreciated.

Cliff.

rdonnay
Site Admin

Re: Assistance with developing template-various questions

#2 Post by rdonnay »

Cliff -

This sounds a little like software I helped convert from Clipper that was used by PHI (Public Health Institute) in California. They have an outgoing call center that conducts health surveys. The software must branch to different parts of the survey depending on the respondent's answers. It must also store all the data.

The software was very kludgy and difficult to support.
Gary Gentry and I had planned to rewrite it from scratch but then he retired after the California fiscal calamity.

Is this software you want to write yourself or just something that you need to use inhouse?

Roger
The eXpress train is coming - and it has more cars.

Cliff Wiernik

#3 Post by Cliff Wiernik »

A potential customer is looking to use our software. We just have a very simple verification process with a manual questionnaire. We only log the completion of the process and any points, not the verification questionnaire.

This customer wants it electronically and would have to be flexible.

Typical questions:

Verified with whom
Date/time of verification
Verified by whom (employee)
Consumer identity verified (Y/N)
Consumer reaffirmed correct address (Y/N)
Consumer reaffirmed correct phone number (Y/N)
Consumer has garnishments (Y/N)
If Yes, need:
garnishment type
garnishment $/month
garnishment Balance
and about 10 or so additional items at this point.

So it is not too involved but was thinking about how best to structure this.

I did something like this for a report filed with Puerto Rico about 10-12 years ago but cannot find it currently. Need to check an old computer. I guess thoughts on structure would be what I need. It would be incorporated into our software. The responses would need to be saved and linked to question ID's so it could be reported on, if needed, or the verification form pulled up at a later point in time.

c-tec

#4 Post by c-tec »

Hello Cliff,
I am just working on a similar solution, I am usig a PDF Form with Fields that you can easy create. The form contains java script to send the form with a button to a webserver that is written in XB2NET. Here I can extract the content of the fields and save them as XML in a memo field of a database. With the Quickpdf library and ot4xb you have full controll over the PDF, you even can add fields on the fly. Is very flexible because the customer can design his form individually.
regards
Rudolf
Rudolf Reinthaler
digital pen & paper systems
http://www.formcommander.net