PostgreSQL native from Phil Ide

This forum is for ideas and or code to be contributed for general use.
Auge_Ohr

Re: PostgreSQL native from Phil Ide

#51 Post by Auge_Ohr »

fransm wrote:I have no idea what version Nolberto used

I am using xbase++ 1.90.355
as i can say Nolberto have upload both Version v1.9.355 and v2.x
libpq.dll seems to be v9.1.4 but IMHO make no Difference only other DLL must also be same Version.

i wonder when you say it work without xbpgsql.lib while all "Wrapper" are in that LIB and IMHO it does not work without it :naughty:

you also can try my Source ( Top of Thread ) and include PGSQL.PRG / OT4PG.PRG direct into EXE
greetings by OHR
Jimmy

fransm

#52 Post by fransm »

Hi Jimmy

Looks like I have not explained myself very well. I will try again.

I have a project with a number of functions which I compile into a dll.
In this project I used some of Nolberto's routines in ONE of my functions, and I then compiled it again after adding xbpgsql.lib to the xpj file. Everything compiled Ok with no errors.

However when I run my app and call any of the functions in that dll I get an error "dll couldn't be loaded". If I then remove the xbpgsql.lib from the project file and recompile I get "unresolved external symbol" errors, which is to be expected, because the xbpgsql.lib has been removed from the xpj file, but my function is still referencing Nolberto's routines.
The dll does however compile, because I use the /force parameter when compiling.

I can now call all the functions in this dll in my application, except the one referencing Nolberto's routines. My dll loads without problems.

When I use and compile xbpgsql.lib into my dll then the dll will not load when I call any of the functions in my dll.

With Phil's version, I can use his xbpgsql.lib and xbpgsql.dll without any errors. However, Nolberto has some extra enhancements which I would like to utilize.

I hope this explanation makes sense.

regards
Frans

Auge_Ohr

#53 Post by Auge_Ohr »

if you modify any Code it is up to you to find the Problem.
greetings by OHR
Jimmy

digitsoft

#54 Post by digitsoft »

hi Auge_Ohr
I am running into this problem when I use several tables and different connections to the database and it is that the system leaves itself as if the memory runs out, can give me some ide
Nolberto Paulino
Regards

Auge_Ohr

#55 Post by Auge_Ohr »

hi,
digitsoft wrote:I am running into this problem when I use several tables and different connections to the database and it is that the system leaves itself as if the memory runs out, can give me some ide
about how many we are speaking : 1000 ?

which Version is your libpq.dll and other *.DLL on Client Side ?
32bit or 64 bit Server ?

how many max_connections = 100 (default) in \PostgreSQL\xx.x\data\postgresql.conf ?
greetings by OHR
Jimmy