Solidarity with Ukraine

Discussion of any topic that lifts your mind or your spirit
rdonnay
Site Admin

Solidarity with Ukraine

#1 Post by rdonnay »

I have tears in my eyes after listening to President Zelenskyy's address to European Parliament this morning. He will go down as one of the great leaders of history. He is another Churchill. Americans should not complain about any burdens we would bear in our solidarity with Ukraine. Europeans are not complaining, they are acting as one nation in support of Ukraine.

I try not to make too many political statements in this forum, but I have a strong feeling that most of my eXpress++ customers would agree with me on this issue. I lost customers when I made a statement about guns after 20 small children were killed in a school by a crazed person with an AR-15. That ws just fine with me. Sometimes, I must pay a price for my views when I feel very strongly about something. If this comment causes some of you to abandon our world-wide community, then so be it.
"The moral arc of the universe is long, but it bends toward justice "
- Martin Luther King
The eXpress train is coming - and it has more cars.

Tom

Re: Solidarity with Ukraine

#2 Post by Tom »

I agree.

We've been on the big demonstration in Berlin on sunday. Half a million. We try to find ways to help everywhere we can.

There will be justice. This will not end good for the kremlin people. But it may take a while.
IMG_9859.jpg
IMG_9859.jpg (4.55 MiB) Viewed 5558 times
Attachments
img_9859.jpg
img_9859.jpg (4.55 MiB) Viewed 5550 times
Best regards,
Tom

"Did I offend you?"
"No."
"Okay, give me a second chance."

skiman

#3 Post by skiman »

Yes, I also agree.

President Zelensky and all Ukrainians are very brave. Putin probably thought this was going to be some kind of blitzkrieg. He clearly underestimated this.
He certainly did not expect that so many measures would be taken against Russia. They will face a major blow, both militarily and economically.

In Belgium we can help by providing shelter for the many refugees, women and children. Men under the age of 60 must remain in Ukraine to defend the country. I have offered a safe shelter for 4 people. Buses are meanwhile provided to pick up people in Poland. They will receive a warm welcome in Belgium. Children need a safe quiet place to recover from the war they have been through. And hopefully soon they will be able to return to their homeland to be reunited with their man and their father.

Never thought this would ever happen in Europe.
Best regards,

Chris.
www.aboservice.be

Koverhage

#4 Post by Koverhage »

I agree too
Last edited by Koverhage on Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Klaus

rdonnay
Site Admin

#5 Post by rdonnay »

Standing ovation by European Parliament

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__4UbMYUj3c

bwolfsohn

#6 Post by bwolfsohn »

Roger,

Total agreement...
Brian Wolfsohn
Retired and traveling around the country to music festivals in my RV.
OOPS.. Corona Virus, so NOT traveling right now...
http://www.breadmanrises.com
FB travel group: The Breadman Rises

unixkd

#7 Post by unixkd »

To say I agree will be an understatement. My is capital AGREE.

I begin to think that we always overestimate this so call RULERS not leaders anyway. Some of them may have lost their senses long time ago.
God bless Ukraine

Joe

rdonnay
Site Admin

#8 Post by rdonnay »

I am anticipating a large influx of freedom fighters into Ukraine from around the world.

Most of the world has not lost its love of freedom and democracy, even though I see much moral decay right here in America.

Many young men went to Spain to fight for freedom there when the "Bell Tolled".

Let us give support to those brave souls who hear the sound of the bell now and decide that " - it tolls for thee".

PedroAlex

#9 Post by PedroAlex »

I also want to express my solidarity with the Ukrainian people. For some years now, they have chosen Portugal to work and live. I know many who live in my area. They are serious people who want to work. We are available to welcome and support those who want to come here. The Ukrainian people have the right to live in freedom and democracy. These oppressive leaders will one day have to submit to the dark side of history.

вільна україна
Pedro Alexandre