Editor

Discussion of any topic that lifts your mind or your spirit
RDalzell

Editor

#1 Post by RDalzell »

I recently acquired a new laptop and while installing and configuring the various programs and applications and trying to figure out the config settings to run v1.9 Alaska and the new and improved 2.0 I discovered that it appears that my MultiEdit editor company is no longer on the radar.

I know that everybody has their own choice, like blondes brunettes and redheads.

I just hate the idea of switching to a new system like UltraEdit and not having all of my "Brief" keys that I have used for the past decade.

Any suggestions, or should I just learn new and go from there.

Thanks,
Rick

rdonnay
Site Admin

Re: Editor

#2 Post by rdonnay »

Are you saying that you don't have Multiedit anymore?
The eXpress train is coming - and it has more cars.

RDalzell

#3 Post by RDalzell »

I do, but I am presently using 2006 version and thought to update it, that's when I discovered no more MultiEdit company.

I can continue on the existing version, but if I have to change, perhaps just do it all now.
I have Alaska v1.9 working on the new laptop, trying to determine best method to cycle between development versions until I am comfortable with v2.0

unixkd

#4 Post by unixkd »

I had issues with multi-edit about a year ago and my seach for an alternative led me to ZEUS IDE. Since then no looking back. For me its far better than ME. It Cost $89

If your are looking for a free Good Clipper Editor try: Crimson Editor

Joe

bwolfsohn

#5 Post by bwolfsohn »

This is very depressing... :(

I'm going back to wordstar...
Brian Wolfsohn
Retired and traveling around the country to music festivals in my RV.
OOPS.. Corona Virus, so NOT traveling right now...
http://www.breadmanrises.com
FB travel group: The Breadman Rises

sdenjupol148

#6 Post by sdenjupol148 »

Hey Rick,

I still use Multi-Edit, but the reason I chose to stick with it was that fact that I could edit the key map.
Alaska doesn't give us this choice; yet.
I spoke to Andreas about it and he said that that option was 2 years away; that was 2 years ago.
I reminded him of that this year at the Dev Con; the response: another 2 years away.

Anyway, the Multi-edit site simply says that it's under construction and it lists a number for immediate support.
Are you saying that the company actually closed down?

The latest version of Multi-edit that I have is 2008 and although some features no longer work under win 7, it's still a very valuable tool for me.
It you're looking to upgrade I'll scour my back-up drives to see if I can find the original install file.

Bobby

RDalzell

#7 Post by RDalzell »

I too saw the other mention of website construction, but believe it to be a different company.

My 2006 installation is still operational, I was just looking forwards to determine that if MultiEdit was out of service, what should I look towards so I do not have to make a wrong choice and most especially not have to suffer culture shock at changing my creature of habits and keep it simple for me as I do not want to hurt my brain by thinking too much.

Thanks

WordStar it is...

bwolfsohn

#8 Post by bwolfsohn »

Just got an email from multiedit, saying they had a catastrophic server failure and they are back... They asked for an opt-in to continue to receive their newsletter. they have a cart for purchases/upgrades on the site.

don't know anything more than that..
Brian Wolfsohn

RDalzell

#9 Post by RDalzell »

Thanks for the update Brian...

bwolfsohn

#10 Post by bwolfsohn »

from multi-edit:

Since we were unable to pass along our annual Year End Savings discounts, we will be offering a limited time 40% discount off all items for the month of March only so act now and save 40% on your Multi-Edit™ purchases using the coupon code Mar2015Save40.
Brian Wolfsohn