DCSAY ... SUBCLASS, build 255

This forum is for eXpress++ general support.
Tom

DCSAY ... SUBCLASS, build 255

#1 Post by Tom »

Hi, Roger.

Just installed build 255. 8-)

You clip the presentation space region 4 pixels in width and height if ownerdrawing is active somehow with DCSAY or DCSTATIC/TEXT. This seems to be used for the FORMATTED option, lines 728 and following in _DCCLASS.PRG. Unfortunately, this also happens if subclassing/ownerdrawing without "FORMATTED" is used, maybe to paint a gradient background for statics (what I do, so the background is too small). I commented this code out and found no misbehaviour even with "FORMATTED". Just for the records.

Besides, # 1144 in README.TXT says that windows without FIT clause now place elements correctly. This maybe right for windows with borders and a menu, but it's incorrect for "plain" windows without anything around the drawing area. With Aero theme switched on, dialog elements are placed 10 pixels beneath the position they should be. A simple workaround (transparent text static, FIT clause active) solves this problem.

Anyway, thanks a lot! Can't say that too often. :D
Best regards,
Tom

"Did I offend you?"
"No."
"Okay, give me a second chance."

rdonnay
Site Admin

Re: DCSAY ... SUBCLASS, build 255

#2 Post by rdonnay »

I think I will wait on this until I talk to you in Hanover before I decide to fix it in 256.
The eXpress train is coming - and it has more cars.

Tom

Re: DCSAY ... SUBCLASS, build 255

#3 Post by Tom »

Forget what I said at # 1144. I had some code which tried to fix the positioning problem, so your correction uncorrected mine. Works now, without workaround. 8-)
Best regards,
Tom

"Did I offend you?"
"No."
"Okay, give me a second chance."