Resizing Windows,etc

This forum is for eXpress++ general support.
omni

Resizing Windows,etc

#1 Post by omni »

Roger,

With the wave of new, larger monitors, we are starting to get complaints regarding the size of our windows inside our main app window...that its too small font-wise,etc.

For example, we have one main screen that, when viewing in 800x600, is completely full and takes up the entire main dialog window. Of course, nobody uses 800x600,but they did years ago when we first designed our system. In the current environment, our main app dialog window opens and takes up most, if not all, of the monitor, using a 24" monitor. The same prg menu from above takes up half or less of the main dialog area.
Not sure what my options are. I have my main menu where it checks the work station monitor settings and the menu options on the standard menu using ownerdraw and font sizes that are appropriate..that looks good.
I know resize and autoresize exist, but we have all our window sizes locked..we have never tried the resizing. Is this something we should look at, or do we need to consider redesigning some of these windows and not allow 800x600, which would not even see half the screen if we change the font size and move everything around.(ok that would be a pain)

Some users to not like the idea of using the win7 25% and 50% increase, although I use it because I am old and getting more near sited every year. This does make some of my screens off a bit, but everything is almost 100% perfect. Have not tried magnifier, which i think can be assigned to selected apps.

all the programs have @row,col dcsay..get commands, for the most part.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Fred
Omni

bwolfsohn

Re: Resizing Windows,etc

#2 Post by bwolfsohn »

Fred,

Roger has a complete resizing system that is (was) very easy to implement....

i'm sure there is something in the samples...

Roger's collection and clipboard capture applications in side xdemo use his re-sizing.. Look in the lower left corner and you'll see a triangle.. that's the restore default size right click..

also see roger's xsample_91

HTH
Brian
Brian Wolfsohn
Retired and traveling around the country to music festivals in my RV.
OOPS.. Corona Virus, so NOT traveling right now...
http://www.breadmanrises.com
FB travel group: The Breadman Rises

rdonnay
Site Admin

Re: Resizing Windows,etc

#3 Post by rdonnay »

I think that the best solution for you would be "scaling".

Look at the samples in \exp19\samples\scale
The eXpress train is coming - and it has more cars.