DC_HELP and sample helptest.prg

This forum is for eXpress++ general support.
skiman

DC_HELP and sample helptest.prg

#1 Post by skiman »

Hi,

I'm looking at the sample helptest to check if this could be a solution for build in help in our application.

Or I don't understand the concept, or it isn't working as expected? I don't know if this is still supported or not?

This is what I did:
- Remove the HELP database (dbf, cdx, fpt).
- Start the helptest.exe.
- In the preferences click the 'auto add mode'.
- Go to tabpage 1 the get with label 'String'.
- Hit ALT-F1 to create the help file.

The result is the creation of some elements, but I think the helpcodes aren't as expected.
There is desktop.helptest, desktop.tabpage1 and helpdesk.tabpage2. This seems OK to me.
But the elements of tabpage 1 get the names as: .logic, .number, .string and .date. I supposed this should be tabpage1.logic, tabpage1.number, ...
Same for the buttons of tabpage 2 are created as .button1, .button2 and .button3. I understood that there would be the following in the tree:
tabpage2.group1
group1.button1
group1.button2
group1.button3
tabpage2.group2
group2.button1
group2.button2
group2.button3

So each element should get an ID which is de helpcode of the parent + his own helpcode. This way the tree would be correctly build, and each button should have his own unique helpID.

Before I implement this and spend quite some time to paste al our current help text into this system I need to be sure it will work.

Any suggestions are welcome.
Best regards,

Chris.
www.aboservice.be