What could be the reason for such an error?

This forum is for eXpress++ general support.
Eugene Lutsenko
Location: Russia, Southern federal district, city of Krasnodar

Re: What could be the reason for such an error?

#11 Post by Eugene Lutsenko »

Tom wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:21 am Got the answer.

I will leave this forum now and will not return as long as you are a member.
Sorry. Then I'd better leave.

Auge_Ohr

#12 Post by Auge_Ohr »

hi,

i wonder that People in this Forum ask other User for a Political Statement
there are "other" place where People can talk about such Theme but PLEASE not in xBase Forum

we want to help each other regardless where People come from or which Color they have
greetings by OHR
Jimmy

Tom

#13 Post by Tom »

we want to help each other regardless where People come from or which Color they have
That's very kind of you, Jimmy, now portraying me as a racist.

We live in special times. A year ago, a nuclear power attacked a neighboring country and has been causing unbelievable massacres there ever since. The world has reacted to this and has imposed sanctions, above all on official representatives of this nuclear power, but also on athletes, artists and scientists, and above all, of course, on people in responsible positions.
It is not the same for me to help an anonymous person on a forum or a university professor who takes the official line of this aggressive force. I held back this question for over a year, although it has haunted me ever since, and I have asked it elsewhere as well.
Anyone who supports this war is a Nazi to me. I don't want anything to do with Nazis. And everyone who supports this war is at the same time responsible for the tremendous suffering and crimes against humanity. I don't want anything to do with people like that either. So I had to ask this question and act on the answer.
Best regards,
Tom

"Did I offend you?"
"No."
"Okay, give me a second chance."

skiman

#14 Post by skiman »

Hi Tom,

The question was also on my lips for some time.

I have a freelancer since years which is from Russia. I asked him the same question some days after Russia attacked Ukraine. He was against that war and meanwhile he has left Russia. He is trying to continu his work while he is searching for a new country to build a new life.

I expected that Eugene was clever enough to understand that Russia is the agressor in this conflict. According to your reaction it seems I was totally wrong.

This forum is not for politics, but this is above that level. Everyone who supports that war should be aware of the consequences against him/her. In this case he can't be part of this little community and expect help from anyone.
Best regards,

Chris.
www.aboservice.be

bwolfsohn

#15 Post by bwolfsohn »

>>
This forum is not for politics, but this is above that level. Everyone who supports that war should be aware of the consequences against him/her. In this case he can't be part of this little community and expect help from anyone.
<<

The xBase++ community is not a large one... To leave because of someone's presence damages the community. I believe the above approach (not interacting, not providing assistance), is preferable and healthier for the community..

That decision carries much more weight when it's made by each of us, not just by Roger.
Brian Wolfsohn
Retired and traveling around the country to music festivals in my RV.
OOPS.. Corona Virus, so NOT traveling right now...
http://www.breadmanrises.com
FB travel group: The Breadman Rises

Eugene Lutsenko
Location: Russia, Southern federal district, city of Krasnodar

#16 Post by Eugene Lutsenko »

it is wrong that you are ready to condemn on the basis of rumors and misinformation. Keep in mind that this is a provocation

Tom

#17 Post by Tom »

My question to Prof. Lutsenko about his opinion on the war in Ukraine was not a "provocation", nor it was simply a question about differing political opinions. I've been asking this question to every person from Russia I deal with since February 24, 2022, and I've waited far too long to ask it here.

On February 24, 2022, Russia invaded a peaceful, free, European neighbor, ignored that nation's territorial integrity, violated international law and other international agreements, continued to attempt to resurrect the Russian Empire, and has since committed inconceivable acts , disgusting crimes against humanity not only tolerated, but encouraged. Civil facilities and entire cities were bombed, thousands of civilians were brutally massacred, people were raped - men, women, children - or kidnapped. Russia has launched an attempt to wipe out Ukraine. Millions of people are homeless or living in extremely difficult conditions since the beginning of that war, which is officially still called a "special operation" in Russia, and you go to jail if you name it different. Hundreds of thousands are fleeing. I am happy that we were able to help some of them a little here in Berlin. 800 miles away from that war.

I am aware that people in Russia can hardly avoid state propaganda. But there is a difference between dealing with a person who lives in the countryside and has little more sources of information than Russian state television, or a person who works in a high position in a state institution and enjoys many privileges - including the privilege of using the Internet freely and being helped directly by those people who, according to Russian state doctrine, are responsible for the war (namely us), who, as Prof. Lutsenko wrote to me, plotted together with Ukraine to attack Russia. Russia only forestalled this attack, he claims.

This war, which Russia started in 2014, changed the world and is far from being over. I can't stand supporting people, even dealing with people who condone or even celebrate this incredible crime directed against the entire world. That's why I have to ask every Russian I deal with who I have the impression might even be a protégé of the regime in Moscow, this question and if the answer is "Yes, I think that's great!" , then I have to draw my conclusions. I asked Roger to delete my account. Please consider this my personal tiny sanction against Russia. It's not meant to put pressure on others to join me, but I appreciate it if you consider whether it's okay to continue altruistically helping high-ranking figures in official Russia.

I am extremely sorry to be leaving this forum, because I am not only losing an important tool for my work, but also direct contact with good friends and other people whom I value very much and who have helped me over the past 25 years and who I could help.

CU. <3
Best regards,
Tom

"Did I offend you?"
"No."

skiman

#18 Post by skiman »

Keep in mind that this is a provocation
What happens in Ukraine is a provocation with millions as a victime. The fact that you write this says a lot to me.
Best regards,

Chris.
www.aboservice.be

k-insis

#19 Post by k-insis »

I don't always agree on technicalities or opinions by Herr Tom but in this case i agree on his position and reasoning.

Now, can we continue forum and force as team that Alaska finally support UTF-8 and UTF-16 across xbase platform ?

skiman wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:56 am
Keep in mind that this is a provocation
What happens in Ukraine is a provocation with millions as a victime. The fact that you write this says a lot to me.

Tom

#20 Post by Tom »

One last word: I understand and respect Roger's attitude in this matter and I would also behave in his position. I regret that I caused this situation.
Best regards,
Tom

"Did I offend you?"
"No."