Send messages via WhatsApp

This forum is for eXpress++ general support.
Diego Euri Almanzar

Send messages via WhatsApp

#1 Post by Diego Euri Almanzar »

Perhaps you did not have problems with sending SMPT messages or emails, with Alaska Xbase++. I had many problems. But, when I bought version 2.0 everything was solved. And, when I think there were no more challenges, in relation to messages, I noticed that most developers are offering to send messages through WhatSapp.

Is there any way to send messages by Whatsapp using Xbase++, or Express++?

Best regards.

Tom

Re: Send messages via WhatsApp

#2 Post by Tom »

There is no way to send a WhatsApp message like an email. You need to contract with a commercial service who provides such a service (one is called "Trillio" or so). In a way, it's similar to sending push messages to cellphone apps. You have to use a service like Google's FCM for that, and you need to own an app on the target phone which is registered there. If done so, sending the message is just sending a JSON structure to the service.
Best regards,
Tom

"Did I offend you?"
"No."
"Okay, give me a second chance."

skiman

#3 Post by skiman »

Best regards,

Chris.
www.aboservice.be

Tom

#4 Post by Tom »

Chris -
this is all about the WhatsApp Business API. You will only get this if you own at least a midsize company (> 100 employees). The only way to access this is contracting a service company like I mentioned before.
Best regards,
Tom

"Did I offend you?"
"No."
"Okay, give me a second chance."

skiman

#5 Post by skiman »

Hi Tom,

Yes, as explained in the second link. There are two companies/service mentioned in it. Twillio and another one.
Best regards,

Chris.
www.aboservice.be

Auge_Ohr

#6 Post by Auge_Ohr »

hi,

as Tom say WhatsApp, since Facebook, do not want you to use API without "pay" for it.

i have some harbour CLASS CODE which "seems" to work
but Repository was deleted by Author after he got Email from WhatsApp

---
Since then many people got invloved (in a good way: contributing, and a bad way: copying without giving proper credit, profiting off, etc...).

Among people who were involved: legal firms and counselors, sending all sorts of letters and documents, DMCA, Cease and Desist, informal threats and so on.

So besides having no time or interest for the core project anymore, and not benefiting at all, not from this or from the work derived from it, comes more aggressive letters citing lengthy Computer Fraud and Abuse Act (CFAA) clauses and requiring compensation among other ridiculous demands and/or threats.

*I'm wiping this repository away.*
greetings by OHR
Jimmy

Diego Euri Almanzar

#7 Post by Diego Euri Almanzar »

Very interesting your answers and collaboration.

Thanks Jimmy, Chris, and Tom.