Advantage Question

This forum is for eXpress++ general support.
omni

Advantage Question

#1 Post by omni »

Roger,

Thanks for your help last time on getting my menu working ADS.

Many, many years ago you helped me on file creation, (sorting) using the ADS sql commands, which I was familiar with.

This works on my client that has had it working with a data server, and two remote servers. All users connect to the remote server.
Our app is loaded on the remote servers and the default path is the data server. Our new client has the same set up.

The issue is the created files. When using the menu locally (ie, from the data server to test) it opens files, but will not open the new files
exclusively, which is our default to work and update them easily. Will open if not exclusive. Weird.
On the remote servers, where the users work it opens all new work files exclusively almost immediately after creation.
Cannot get the new user's remote server to do that. Been trying for days.
Also my local pc will not open new files exclusively. That is the one we were using the other day.
To me, it seems that ADS is keeping them from doing that, but no idea why, or why it does not do that on the current client.

I feel lost.

Thanks, if anybody knows a setting or something I am missing.

Driving me crazy

Fred
Omni

rdonnay
Site Admin

Re: Advantage Question

#2 Post by rdonnay »

The only way I have ever seen a problem with exclusive use is due to the fact that the file is opened by another user.
The eXpress train is coming - and it has more cars.

omni

#3 Post by omni »

Roger.

When the sql command is done to create the temp file, arc shows the file is then open and shared on the ads server in that folder. We have stopped there with an alert to be sure nothing else is done after the sql command. So we cannot open exclusive. It is not in that program yet, so not in that thread to close it(?). No idea how to do that. Does not do that at the other client's site. Same version of everything.

rdonnay
Site Admin

#4 Post by rdonnay »

I think it's time for another Teamviewer session.

omni

#5 Post by omni »

Roger,

Did one more thing. I took the entire folder (which has all necessary dlls, exe, lib,etc) from the clients remote server folder, copied it here, and then copied it in to replace the folder on the new users remote server. Whalla. It worked. The only thing I noticed was that the *32.dll's from the good folder were all the ones from 2006, not the ones from 2014 although I had replaced all the *32 files but it had no impact when testing.
Did the same thing on my local c-drive and it also worked. There was apparently some dll file it did not like. I tried changing one by one prior to that entire folder being copied but got impatient.
They all originated from alaska folders. I printed off list from each one for comparison when doing the files, one by one, that did not match, before I got impatient

Thanks

Fred

rdonnay
Site Admin

#6 Post by rdonnay »

Congrats.