mouse's wheel moving in oBrowse

This forum is for eXpress++ general support.
Zdeno Bielik

mouse's wheel moving in oBrowse

#1 Post by Zdeno Bielik »

Hi Roger,

I have little problem. When I want move up or down records in browse window and there are more oBrowse objects, I must first click into one of them and then move up/down with mouse's wheel - otherwise records are moved in first or last selected oBrowse object. For example in your sample XSample_130(), where are three oBrowses: Customers, Invoices, Items. When I move mouse cursor over on second(Invoices) or third(Items) object, and now i want browse in this object, records are moved in first object.

What and where must be changed for the same behavior like it is in other windows applications? (records or text are moved into windows, where is mouse cursor)

Regards & TIA
Zdeno

rdonnay
Site Admin

Re: mouse's wheel moving in oBrowse

#2 Post by rdonnay »

I do not have a quick answer for you.

This is from the Xbase++ docs:
The xbeM_Wheel event is generated when the user rotates the mouse wheel. This event is always sent to the Xbase Part that has input focus, no matter whether or not the mouse pointer is located within or outside the area of the Xbase Part. All classes derived from XbpWindow that display data which can be vertically scrolled have a default behavior to process this event

The only thing I can suggest is trying to use the xbeM_Enter callback to give a browse focus when the mouse is moved over it.

Code: Select all

@ .. DCBROWSE .. EVAL {|o|o:enter := {|a,b,o|SetAppFocus(o)}}
The eXpress train is coming - and it has more cars.