Using a GPU for non-graphical computing in Alaska

This forum is for eXpress++ general support.
Eugene Lutsenko
Location: Russia, Southern federal district, city of Krasnodar

Using a GPU for non-graphical computing in Alaska

#1 Post by Eugene Lutsenko »

Are there any possibilities for efficient use of the GPU for non-graphical computing in Alaska and/or Express?

Dmitry Bandyk

Re: Using a GPU for non-graphical computing in Alaska

#2 Post by Dmitry Bandyk »

Eugene Lutsenko wrote:Are there any possibilities for efficient use of the GPU for non-graphical computing in Alaska and/or Express?
Hi everyone.

I'm a programmer from Belarus. 42 years old. I cooperate with Eugene Lutsenko. We're friends.

I have developed a module for use with the AIDOS system. This module performs calculations on the GPU for maximum performance in some operations. The module is written in Delphi. Using Open GL 3.3 . The AIDOS system is written in Alaska. The AIDOS system runs my module as an exe-file. However, for more convenience, it would be to connect my module as a DLL-library. My question is, are there opportunities for that in Alaska?

unixkd

#3 Post by unixkd »

If your delphi application produces standard windows DLL why not. You can easily use alaska DLL functions like dllLoad() etc.

Joe

Auge_Ohr

#4 Post by Auge_Ohr »

Dmitry Bandyk wrote:... it would be to connect my module as a DLL-library. My question is, are there opportunities for that in Alaska?
external DLL must be 32bit for Xbase++ so your are limited in many ways

also Return Value must be a Xbase++ Type

Code: Select all

extern "C" XPPRET XPPENTRY SetViewvolume(XppParamList paramList)
have a look under \SOURCE\samples\basics\CAPI\
greetings by OHR
Jimmy

Dmitry Bandyk

#5 Post by Dmitry Bandyk »

unixkd wrote:If your delphi application produces standard windows DLL why not. You can easily use alaska DLL functions like dllLoad() etc.

Joe
Thank you!

Yes, Delphi allows produce standard Windows DLLs.
Auge_Ohr wrote: external DLL must be 32bit for Xbase++ so your are limited in many ways
32bit DLL's enough for my applications.
Auge_Ohr wrote:also Return Value must be a Xbase++ Type
I think I can meet this condition in my functions.
Auge_Ohr wrote:

Code: Select all

extern "C" XPPRET XPPENTRY SetViewvolume(XppParamList paramList)
have a look under \SOURCE\samples\basics\CAPI\
Thank you! I'll watch.

Auge_Ohr

#6 Post by Auge_Ohr »

hi,
Dmitry Bandyk wrote:This module performs calculations on the GPU for maximum performance in some operations.
The module is written in Delphi. Using Open GL 3.3 .
have send Xbase++ OpenGL Sample to Eugene Lutsenko.
i'm also like to test your DLL .. do you share it ?

greetings by OHR
Jimmy
greetings by OHR
Jimmy

patito

#7 Post by patito »

Hi Jimmy

Fast Report is written with Delphi. (Frax for Alaska xbase+++)
see in the Alaska news, there are some articles where the author
explained how he did this program to operate with Alaska

best regard
Héctor Pezoa

Eugene Lutsenko
Location: Russia, Southern federal district, city of Krasnodar

#8 Post by Eugene Lutsenko »

Dmitry developed GPU modules for the Eidos system, which accelerate the operations of model synthesis and recognition by several orders of magnitude (several thousand times). This is especially true when solving intelligent problems on big data. These modules will be integrated into the new versions of the Eidos system after the necessary improvements. I will run these modules from the Eidos system as external exe-files. I do not use the source code or libraries created by Dmitry when developing these GPU modules. They implement some of the functions that are implemented by the Eidos system, only much faster. This is achieved by using parallel processing of non-graphical data on the GPU. They do nothing new in comparison with the system of Eidos. In practice, this allows us to solve some problems of large dimension, which otherwise can be solved only on supercomputers. Eidos system solves these problems for periods of time several months. It works normally, does not crash due to program errors or execution errors or exceeding the permissible dimensions of databases and their sizes. But it takes a very long time. And these modules allow you to solve the same problems in about half an hour.

Дмитрий разработал GPU-модули для системы Эйдос, которые на несколько порядков (в несколько тысяч раз) ускоряют операции синтеза моделей и распознавания. Это особенно актуально при решении интеллектуальных задач на больших данных. Эти модули после необходимой доработки будут интегрированы в состав новых версий системы Эйдос. Я эти модули буду запускать из системы Эйдос как внешние exe-файлы. Я не использую исходные тексты или библиотеки созданные Дмитрием при разработке этих GPU-модулей. Они реализуют часть функций, которые реализуются системой Эйдос, только на много быстрее. Это достигается за счет использования параллельной обработки не графических данных на GPU. Ничего нового по сравнению с системой Эйдос они не делают. На практике это позволяет решать некоторые задачи большой размерности, которые иначе можно решить только на суперкомипьютерах. Система Эйдос решает эти задачи за периоды времени несколько месяцев. Она нормально работает, не вылетает по программным ошибкам или ошибкам исполнения или превышения допустимых размерностей баз данных и их размеров. Но делает это очень долго. А эти модули позволяют решить эти же задачи за время около получаса.

Dmitry Bandyk

#9 Post by Dmitry Bandyk »

I will add to what Eugene said.

I designed my module to be universal. So that it can be used not only with the EIDOS system but also for any of my other applications related to the training of neural networks and pattern recognition. Also in real time (for example, processing of video stream from the camera)