Memory error

This forum is for eXpress++ general support.
omni

Memory error

#1 Post by omni »

Roger,

A user is getting not enough memory when printing normal print jobs. Not 100% but very high volume. Started today..latest 1.9 alaska if that matters, using standard dcprint. He has 100+ users, 3 servers. Never occurred before.

As a note, he got a virus that renamed and corrupted a lot of files on his two remote servers and has had other issues, but all those are resolved. We have seen this before but not in a long time, and it was one work station. These users all connect remotely.

My first thought is to have him reboot his servers unless you have something specific that may cause this. (ie, like all his printers in windows are deleted)

Fred
Omni

rdonnay
Site Admin

Re: Memory error

#2 Post by rdonnay »

If files were corrupted, possibly printer drivers were also corrupted.

Do they have the same problem when printing to a local printer?
The eXpress train is coming - and it has more cars.

omni

Re: Memory error

#3 Post by omni »

He has narrowed it to one remote server and if the users log off and log back in the error goes away. That is since I asked about it..I recommended him to check where users were getting the message (what server). It may have been some sort of issue when the users initially logged in this morning. Hopefully its ok now. I have seen it in the past, but only a few times over the years.

Thanks

Fred