dcprint box

This forum is for eXpress++ general support.
Tim K

dcprint box

#1 Post by Tim K »

aAttr := Array(GRA_AA_COUNT)
aATTR[GRA_AA_MIXMODE] := GRA_FGMIX_OR
@ TOPROW, LEFTCOL, BOTTOMROW, RIGHTCOL DCPRINT BOX FILL GRA_FILL AREACOLOR 7,1 //GRAY 5 AREAATTR aATTR

The following gives me a syntax errror:
@ TOPROW, LEFTCOL, BOTTOMROW, RIGHTCOL DCPRINT BOX FILL GRA_FILL AREACOLOR 7,1 AREAATTR aATTR

Tim K

Re: dcprint box

#2 Post by Tim K »

Sorry, I had so much trouble posting this that when it finally went through I didn't notice it wasn't complete.

I'm trying to find a way to print a transparent box. I'm using a colored box which is giving me a gray box on my monochrome printer, but it's opaque. I want to show what I'm printing as well as the box. When I use AREAATTR with AREA clause I get a syntax error. I didn't get that error with the GRAY clause. The following code compiles but gives me an opaque grey box.

@ TOPROW, LEFTCOL, BOTTOMROW, RIGHTCOL DCPRINT BOX FILL GRA_FILL AREACOLOR 7,1 //GRAY 5 AREAATTR aATTR

The following gives me a syntax errror:
@ TOPROW, LEFTCOL, BOTTOMROW, RIGHTCOL DCPRINT BOX FILL GRA_FILL AREACOLOR 7,1 AREAATTR aATTR

Can I not use the AREAATTR clause with the AREACOLOR clause?

skiman

#3 Post by skiman »

Hi,

Transparent printing isn't possible, as far as I know.

You have to print first the box, and afterwards you print the text above the box. So you have to work as you would do with layers. You decide what has to be on top, ant you print that as last.
Best regards,

Chris.
www.aboservice.be

Tim K

#4 Post by Tim K »

Thanks, I hadn't considered that. It didn't matter with third party crosshatch boxes. I'll review my code.

Tim K

#5 Post by Tim K »

That worked, by the way, thank you.

skiman

#6 Post by skiman »

Hi,

Glad it was the solution for you.

I'm a strong believer of the possibilities of the dcprint system. Roger himself isn't convinced of the possibilities and the ease of this different commands. I'm printing everything a customer ever asked with the dcprint.
Best regards,

Chris.
www.aboservice.be