TX Text Control

This forum is for eXpress++ general support.
rdonnay
Site Admin

TX Text Control

#1 Post by rdonnay »

I think I recall that some eXpress++ users have used TX Text Control in the past.

I have been given a project that requires working a lot with RTF.

I don't like XbpRtf. It doesn't have the features needed for this job.

Does anyone work with RTF and have suggestions?
The eXpress train is coming - and it has more cars.

Eugene Lutsenko
Location: Russia, Southern federal district, city of Krasnodar

Re: TX Text Control

#2 Post by Eugene Lutsenko »

rdonnay wrote:I think I recall that some eXpress++ users have used TX Text Control in the past.

I have been given a project that requires working a lot with RTF.

I don't like XbpRtf. It doesn't have the features needed for this job.

Does anyone work with RTF and have suggestions?
I work a lot with texts for a variety of tasks, but with DOS-TXT. particular need to be able to work with texts in rtf (or doc) is not experienced, though I know the tasks for which it is required. Implemented in their system the possibility of using lemmatization, including English and any other language. Given those links, there are my articles. In later articles, the abstract in English. Can understand what is being discussed in the article.

http://ej.kubagro.ru/2017/01/pdf/01.pdf
http://ej.kubagro.ru/2016/08/pdf/14.pdf
http://ej.kubagro.ru/2015/03/pdf/01.pdf
http://ej.kubagro.ru/2014/09/pdf/32.pdf
http://ej.kubagro.ru/2014/06/pdf/07.pdf
http://ej.kubagro.ru/2013/09/pdf/77.pdf (Here to solve this problem, the rtf would be useful...)
http://ej.kubagro.ru/2004/03/pdf/03.pdf (This article without English abstract)
http://ej.kubagro.ru/2004/02/pdf/12.pdf (This article without English abstract)
http://ej.kubagro.ru/2003/02/pdf/13.pdf (This article without English abstract)

I know that my development of mathematical models and algorithms quite successfully used to develop intelligent speech-center for humanlike robots (androids). In order to teach the robot to communicate on topics related to a certain subject area, it is enough to give the text of this subject area. He analyzes it, finds dependencies, and then can answer questions and build new phrases according to the grammar rules. He also is trained in the very process of communication. This technology also allows to solve the task of forming generalized images of the speech of groups of people, processes and phenomena and their use for solutions various tasks.

ASK-text analytics allows you to:
- forming the generalized linguistic images of groups of objects and processes (classes) on the basis of fragments of their texts or descriptions on any natural language;
- to quantitatively compare the linguistic image of a particular person, or description of an object, process with generalized linguistic images of groups (classes);
- compare the images of generalized linguistic groups (classes) with each other and form their clusters and constructs;
- modeled to explore the subject area by examining its linguistic systemic-cognitive model;
- all this can be done for any language.

rdonnay
Site Admin

#3 Post by rdonnay »

Eugene -

Thank you for your recommendations, however I don't need anything designed for working with images or graphics, just RTF text. Mostly, I need the ability to paginate, print specified pages, control user navigation, page by page, etc.

Eugene Lutsenko
Location: Russia, Southern federal district, city of Krasnodar

#4 Post by Eugene Lutsenko »

rdonnay wrote:Eugene -

Thank you for your recommendations, however I don't need anything designed for working with images or graphics, just RTF text. Mostly, I need the ability to paginate, print specified pages, control user navigation, page by page, etc.
Hey, Roger!

I understand that the answer is not quite to Your question or no to it. But You asked about work with the lyrics and I wrote about it.

The images here are meant not the graphics, or rather, not only graphics. The term "Images" here in the sense of the theory of pattern recognition. It any images, including linguistic.

TWolfe

#5 Post by TWolfe »

Roger,

Virtual Print Engine from Ideal Software. As you know, I have used it for 17 years, it is an exceptional product. Support is great and the features are very comprehensive. If you are interested, I can supply a complete DLL interface for all 510 functions, written in C++ and Xbase++. All source included.

RTF support is included, outputs to any windows printer also email and PDF support is included. Preview, WYSIWYG, Charts, bar-codes, QR-codes, many graphics formats, etc, etc. Check 'IdealSoftware.com'

This is a very fast print engine. Reports of several hundred pages are rendered in less than a second. No installation required on the client machine, just add two DLLs to your root path.

Sample Context:

@ 250,RowX PRINT LIST_CHG() RTF

SetFont FONT "Arial Narrow" SIZE 12

AlignCenter
@ 200, vPos + 200 PRINT "Do this as soon as possible. /b1ACT NOW/b0!" TO 2000 RTF
AlignLeft

@ 600, 1450 PICTURE rootpath()+"art\LOGO.jpg" TO -900

Terry

rdonnay
Site Admin

#6 Post by rdonnay »

Terry -

We don't need to generate any RTF text.
Only need to view it, page by page.
Bobby is looking for something less expensive.

I found a good PDF viewer because I wrote a RTF2PDF program.
Unfortunately, their licensing was too expensive.

This is turning into some more difficult than I thought it would be.

Basically, this is the requirement:

Create a function that will accept an rtf file name and then display it in a window
The window should not have a minimize or maximize button in the title bar
The window should not be allowed to exit thru the 'x' in the title bar unless the user is on the last page of the rtf document

Only 3 pushbuttons should be visible: "Done", "Next" and "Previous" but not all at the same time
The "Done' button should appear on the left side of the rtf reader window
The "Previous" and "Next" buttons should appear on the right side of the rtf reader window respectively

The rtf document can be one or more pages long.

RTF document is one (1) page in length
• If the rtf doc is only a page in length, only the 'Done' button will be visible and will exit the rtf reader

RTF document is more than one (1) page in length
• If the rtf reader is displaying the first page, only the "Next" button will be visible and will advance the reader to the next page
• If the rtf reader is displaying a page greater than the first page but less than the last page, both the "Next" and "Previous" buttons will be available and will advance the rtf reader to the next page or return the rtf reader to the previous page respectively.
• If the rtf reader is displaying the last page, only the "Done" button will be visible and will exit the rtf reader.

The RTF document will be paginated by the "\page " tag which will appear at the end of every page except the last page or will not appear at all if there is only one (1) page.

TWolfe

#7 Post by TWolfe »

VPE could do this by placing the 'PreView' of the text on a modal window with no tool bar and limiting the exit to a button embedded at the end of the text. (VPE has the ability to react to mouse clicks on text areas or embedded graphics.) The 'Previous' and 'Next' buttons can be standard eXpress buttons sending and reacting to messages from VPE.

Send me some sample text by private email and I will see if VPE will accept the RTF flags included in the text.

Terry

Tom

#8 Post by Tom »

I do use TX Text Control for years. It's able to do what you want, but it's not for free.
Best regards,
Tom

"Did I offend you?"
"No."
"Okay, give me a second chance."

Cliff Wiernik

#9 Post by Cliff Wiernik »

Terry,

With VPE, do you design your reports in code, or does it come with a report designer.

Cliff

Auge_Ohr

#10 Post by Auge_Ohr »

rdonnay wrote:I don't like XbpRtf. It doesn't have the features needed for this job.
can you explain what the Problem is with XbpRtf() ?

Pablo have a CLASS to use "RichEdit20A" native with ot4xb
greetings by OHR
Jimmy