Prchoice and Bullzip

This forum is for eXpress++ general support.
omni

Prchoice and Bullzip

#1 Post by omni »

Roger,

I have been using bullzip ever since Windows vista and now 2007 have come out, but only for testing and our accounting. We have many users now that are upgrading to win2007 and need to use that in our version of prchoice instead of win2pdf. Cannot get win2pdf to work at all in those two windows operating environments.
Cannot get Bullzip to work in prchoice. When either the preview with Acrobat or Save to pdf is used, the pdf cannot be opened and read. We do have programs (our invoicing) that calls the printer direct by name and it does work fine. I think this is in _dcprc (definition) but I do not know where to go from here. Got some users waiting for me to tell them something that already have 2007 work stations. I have also tested using your prchoice, just to be sure, and it also does not work. Also tested on xp work stations. same problem.
(Express build 253)
Am I missing something to make it work?

Thanks.

Fred Henck
Omni

omni

Re: Prchoice and Bullzip

#2 Post by omni »

Roger,

I have done additional testing and playing around. Found out that Bullzip (at least their current version) will not save a file without a full path and you receive an error message. So if the default folder is o:\myfolder and you type in a file name myfile.pdf it errors out...says cannot view an open file, or something like that. We added logic in prchoice to see if a path and drive was entered and if not add it to the file name. It then works fine. So that problem is now resolved.
The preview with Acrobat still does not work. Will keep making changes, but it appears to keep using the default acrobat settings in the _dcprt program, which is win2pdf

Fred

omni

#3 Post by omni »

Roger,

The preview with acrobat was a similar problem. When I assigned Bullzip as the printer and a temp file name within prchoice tied to the print job title, it then worked. I think the logic in _dcprt and the prchoice sample was supposed to do something similar to that, but it was not working.

Fred

rdonnay
Site Admin

#4 Post by rdonnay »

I have been working on a small app on my Windows 7 Netbook and have discovered that Win2Pdf just doesn't seem to work right on Win7. Still working on that.
The eXpress train is coming - and it has more cars.

bwolfsohn

#5 Post by bwolfsohn »

rdonnay wrote:I have been working on a small app on my Windows 7 Netbook and have discovered that Win2Pdf just doesn't seem to work right on Win7. Still working on that.
Roger,

We haven't had any reports of that... I'll check w/ some of our win 7 clients tomorrow...

Hope your trip is going well.

Brian
Brian Wolfsohn
Retired and traveling around the country to music festivals in my RV.
OOPS.. Corona Virus, so NOT traveling right now...
http://www.breadmanrises.com
FB travel group: The Breadman Rises

omni

#6 Post by omni »

I have notified all my clients to switch to bullzip if they are going to upgrade operating systems. Since its free, its no big deal and now my prchoice works for Bullzip in all operating systems.

Fred