An error we keep getting

This forum is for eXpress++ general support.
reganc

An error we keep getting

#1 Post by reganc »

The following error keeps occurring on my system.

Code: Select all

==============================================================================
ERROR LOG of "C:\XBprog\rbawin\prog\RBA32.EXE" Date: 13/05/2016 13:43:59

Rba Version: 10.84.0005 (21/04/2016)
Express++ Version: eXPress++ (c) Version 2.0 Build 262
Xbase++ version: Xbase++ (R) Version 2.00.656
Operating system: Windows 7 06.01 Build 07601 Service Pack 1
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
oError:args         :-> VALTYPE: U - VALUE: NIL
oError:canDefault   :.F.
oError:canRetry     :.F.
oError:canSubstitute:.T.
oError:cargo        :NIL
oError:description  :Receiver of message is not an object.
oError:filename     :
oError:genCode      :38
oError:operation    :destroy
oError:osCode       :0
oError:severity     :2
oError:subCode      :2266
oError:subSystem    :BASE
oError:thread       :7
oError:tries        :0
CURRENT DATABASE:
Alias(): STOCK1  Record: 3824  Index: 1,STOCK1
CALLSTACK:
Called from DC_DESIGNHANDLER(228)
Called from DC_GETLIST:EVENTLOOP(4237)
Called from DC_GETLIST:READGUI(3871)
Called from DC_READGUI(113)
Called from CHECKOUT_SALES(4936)
Called from (B)XB_MENU(503)
Called from RUNFUNCTION(85)
Called from (B)RUN_PROCEDURE(72)
Unique error ID: 14045
Although the Express Library is showing as 262 it is actually build 263 that I am using.

To get this error I first press Alt-D in any dialog in our applicaton and I get an an alert with the words 'No SOURCEFILE defined in DCGETOPTIONS. It must be defined to use design mode'. If I then press Alt-D again (silly me) I get the error shown.

I know it's to do with the dc_design framework stuff but I can't see how to stop it. I have various pushbuttons with the Alt-D accelerator set and it's kind of a habit to use them. :-)
Regan Cawkwell
Real Business Applications Ltd
http://www.rbauk.com

sdenjupol148

Re: An error we keep getting

#2 Post by sdenjupol148 »

Hi Regan,

Are you using DCDESIGN.DLL in your XPJ's?

Roger integrated the design portion of express into DCLIPX.DLL.
You should remove all references to DC_DESIGNHANDLER in your code and remove DCDESIGN.DLL from all your XPJ files.
They are no longer used.

To access the designer from any PRG or function, include the following in your DCGETOPTIONS

DESIGN HOTKEY xbeK_ALT_F1 ;// YOU CAN USE A DIFFERENT KEY IF YOU LIKE
SOURCEFILE <NAME>.prg

The new designer is greatly improved with a brand new interface and new options.
I use it quite a bit and it's proved invaluable so far.

Good luck

Bobby

reganc

#3 Post by reganc »

SbDrakos wrote:Hi Regan,

Are you using DCDESIGN.DLL in your XPJ's?

Roger integrated the design portion of express into DCLIPX.DLL.
You should remove all references to DC_DESIGNHANDLER in your code and remove DCDESIGN.DLL from all your XPJ files.
They are no longer used.
Hi Bobby

That was the first thing I checked for as I remember seeing the thread about the design stuff being integrated.

I did a search for 'dc_design' in both the project and prg files but found nothing. I have used the DESIGN clause of DCGETOPTIONS in the past a couple of times but all of those instances have been commented out.

I will ask Steve if he has the same problem. We occasionally use different versions of Express++ (he usually has the older version we give to our customers and I use an updated one as a sort of test before making that the general release one) so I'm not sure what version he is using right now.

Also, I'm more of a keyboard person than a mouse one so I use the shortcut keys in our application more than Steve does.

I'm sure i'll get to the bottom of it eventually...
Regan Cawkwell

Dian

#4 Post by Dian »

we use the <alt>D key to launch the dot prompt, but since express release 263 it is the default for the designer. change your default designer key to something else and the <alt> D will work as it did previously.

dcgetoptions DESIGN HOTKEY xbeK_ALT_H ; //prevents designer from overridding dc_dot

reganc

#5 Post by reganc »

Dian wrote:we use the <alt>D key to launch the dot prompt, but since express release 263 it is the default for the designer. change your default designer key to something else and the <alt> D will work as it did previously.

dcgetoptions DESIGN HOTKEY xbeK_ALT_H ; //prevents designer from overridding dc_dot
Thanks for the idea but the problem is that as far as I can make out, we do not use the DESIGN clause in any of our DCGETOPTIONS lists.

So I'm not turning the designer on, it just seems to be on by default for me.
Regan Cawkwell

reganc

#6 Post by reganc »

One thing I've just noticed is that I also have a DEBUG.LOG file in the folder that I run our program in. It is dated today and contains lines like the following:

Code: Select all

::designKey: 327748  <- Called From: DC_GETLIST:INIT(532), DC_READGUI(110), ACC_REPORT_BALANCE_SHEET(321), (B)MENURUN(0), RUNFUNCTION(85), (B)RUN_PROCEDURE(72), (0), (0), (0), (0), (0), 19/05/2016 13:14:28 
 ::designKey: 327748  <- Called From: DC_GETLIST:INIT(532), DC_READGUI(110), DO_PRNTBAL(442), (B)ACC_REPORT_BALANCE_SHEET(290), DC_XBPPUSHBUTTONXP:ACTION(1448), (B)DC_XBPPUSHBUTTONXP:INIT(225), XBPPUSHBUTTON:HANDLEEVENT(1522), DC_GETLIST:EVENTLOOP(4704), DC_GETLIST:READGUI(3871), DC_READGUI(113), ACC_REPORT_BALANCE_SHEET(321), 19/05/2016 13:14:33 
 ::designKey: 327748  <- Called From: DC_GETLIST:INIT(532), DC_READGUI(110), VIEWDO(838), DO_PRNTBAL(787), (B)ACC_REPORT_BALANCE_SHEET(290), DC_XBPPUSHBUTTONXP:ACTION(1448), (B)DC_XBPPUSHBUTTONXP:INIT(225), XBPPUSHBUTTON:HANDLEEVENT(1522), DC_GETLIST:EVENTLOOP(4704), DC_GETLIST:READGUI(3871), DC_READGUI(113), 19/05/2016 13:14:37 
 ::designKey: 327748  <- Called From: DC_GETLIST:INIT(532), DC_READGUI(110), DO_PRNTBAL(442), (B)ACC_REPORT_BALANCE_SHEET(290), DC_XBPPUSHBUTTONXP:ACTION(1448), (B)DC_XBPPUSHBUTTONXP:INIT(225), XBPPUSHBUTTON:HANDLEEVENT(1522), DC_GETLIST:EVENTLOOP(4704), DC_GETLIST:READGUI(3871), DC_READGUI(113), ACC_REPORT_BALANCE_SHEET(321), 19/05/2016 13:14:43 
 ::designKey: 327748  <- Called From: DC_GETLIST:INIT(532), DC_READGUI(110), VIEWDO(838), DO_PRNTBAL(787), (B)ACC_REPORT_BALANCE_SHEET(290), DC_XBPPUSHBUTTONXP:ACTION(1448), (B)DC_XBPPUSHBUTTONXP:INIT(225), XBPPUSHBUTTON:HANDLEEVENT(1522), DC_GETLIST:EVENTLOOP(4704), DC_GETLIST:READGUI(3871), DC_READGUI(113), 19/05/2016 13:14:47 
That looks a little suspicious to me... :-)
Regan Cawkwell

rdonnay
Site Admin

#7 Post by rdonnay »

The DEBUG.LOG is caused by a WTL command left in DCLIPX.DLL in build 263. It has been removed in 264.
The eXpress train is coming - and it has more cars.

reganc

#8 Post by reganc »

rdonnay wrote:The DEBUG.LOG is caused by a WTL command left in DCLIPX.DLL in build 263. It has been removed in 264.
Ah, ok. Found, commented out and rebuilt my DCLIPX.

Thanks.

Regarding the other issue about the designer hotkey being always available even though I have not actually turned it on anywhere in my app, I rebuilt the last test program I sent you a long time ago (Test_027). It was the about bitmap scaling on a DCTOOLBAR. That had no DESIGN clause in the DCGETOPTIONS list but building and running that and pressing Alt-D causes the design alert to appear as mentioned before and a 2nd press of Alt-D causes the error.

Don't know what's turning it on but it's darn annoying.
Regan Cawkwell

rdonnay
Site Admin

#9 Post by rdonnay »

Regan -

Do you have Skype and Teamviewer?

If so, give me your Skype ID and I'll try to help you figure this out.
The eXpress train is coming - and it has more cars.

reganc

#10 Post by reganc »

Roger

I've never needed to use either here. I have Skype installed but not TeamViewer. And I don't have a microphone here. I've got a gaming headset at home I'll try to bring in.

Watch this space... :-)

Thanks.
Regan Cawkwell