HILITEGETS issue with Xbase 2.0

This forum is for eXpress++ general support.
Cliff Wiernik

HILITEGETS issue with Xbase 2.0

#1 Post by Cliff Wiernik »

There currently is a bug in Xbase 2.0, listed as a PDR, that causes the invalidaterect() function do not work properly when the parent of a recessedbox static or groupbox static has XBPSYSCLR_TRANSPARENT. The workaround currently is to set :clipChildren := .T. on the parent of the static containing your say/get objects. This function is used when themes are enabled to properly remove the entire hilitegets box. It works just fine with 1.9, but not 2.0 and the procedure is shown in the Xbase++ docs. I use the PREEVAL clause on the parent STATIC to set the :clipchildren value.

However, in some instances I have a DCTABPAGE with a STATICAREA in use and the STATICAREA is the parent of the groupbox. Is this case, I need to properly configure the STATICAREA before it is created with the proper XBPSYSCLR_TRANSPARENT color and clipChildren value. Is there some way like PREEVAL to accomplish this.

Currently I put in some code into _dcclass to query the DCTABPAGE cargo value and if true, set the values prior to the create() statement. I then define the DCTABPAGE cargo value to .T. when this is needed. It works but I was looking for someway to do it without changing DCCLASS. I could possible subclass but this is also only a temporary solution until Alaska fixes the problem.

Cliff