Graphics libraries for Alaska

This forum is for eXpress++ general support.
Eugene Lutsenko
Location: Russia, Southern federal district, city of Krasnodar

Graphics libraries for Alaska

#1 Post by Eugene Lutsenko »

Are there any other graphics libraries that are compatible with Alaska, except rmchart.dll.
Maybe there is something here:
http://www.dmoz.org/Computers/Programmi ... Libraries/
http://www.freeprogrammingresources.com/imglib.html

rdonnay
Site Admin

Re: Graphics libraries for Alaska

#2 Post by rdonnay »

Anything that is ActiveX will work with Xbase++.
The eXpress train is coming - and it has more cars.

Eugene Lutsenko

#4 Post by Eugene Lutsenko »

Chose from the descriptions and download Vector Graphics Atstiveks. Now I can not find a practical guide to programming with examples of the use of libraries.

Maybe something can be in the program in Alaska to use the standard API and DLL Windows, supporting graphics functions can be those used in Excel for plotting.

In general, what is the easiest to learn and use graphics library with ActiveX?

rdonnay
Site Admin

#5 Post by rdonnay »

I like RMChart, but that is because it is free and I can include it with eXpress++.
The eXpress train is coming - and it has more cars.

Eugene Lutsenko

#6 Post by Eugene Lutsenko »

I also liked it for its design and style, as well as ease of use, but I was unpleasantly surprised when it turned out that it is not possible to determine the thickness of the line of a certain style in the form of a number, as well as, for example, draw the spectrum. In principle, I do not need much, this would be a possibility and it would have made ​​a pretty.

In the old system Eidos, I used graphics library BIGRAPH, which is a reference to the NG and on which I present here.
http://yadi.sk/d/ANcDyhGl57Hiq
This library was not only CLIPPER, but for Pascal and C. In this library was made more than 60 graphic forms and this for a few years before the rise MS Windows-95.
Maybe there are modern versions of the libraries that are compatible with Alaska? Or maybe there is just something similar?

Here is my article with the calculation and visualization of the dynamics of the distribution of states of consciousness in evolution: http://ej.kubagro.ru/2005/07/pdf/04.pdf

Lutsenko EV Mathematical and numerical modeling of the dynamics of the probability density of states in the evolution of human consciousness by applying the theory of Markov random processes / EV Lutsenko / / Polythematic power electronic scientific journal of the Kuban State Agrarian University (Journal KubGAU) [electronic resource]. - Krasnodar KubGAU 2005. - № 07 (015). Pp. 59 - 76. - IDA [article ID]: 0150507004. - Mode of access: http://ej.kubagro.ru/2005/07/pdf/04.pdf, 1,125 upl, impact factor = 0.577 author

Visualization was carried out using the library BIGRAPH, the text is a visualization program (in this article there is a source code visualization using the library).

Auge_Ohr

#7 Post by Auge_Ohr »

Eugene Lutsenko wrote:In general, what is the easiest to learn and use graphics library with ActiveX?
read Documentation ...

a 3-PP activeX / DLL does not have anything to do with Alaska Xbase++ or Express++
Xbase++ can use activeX, with use Idispatch Interface, and Express++ include some Sample using activeX.

so if you want to use "unknown" 3-PP activeX you have to find out Method, Property and Constante yourself.
COMassistent or OLEviewer might help to get information to build a Interface Prototype to use with Xbase++

Alaska Xbase++ activeX Interface is very slow. it is while Alaska does a lot in Background :
Convert Format Type, Pointer to Object ...

You can use DISPHPR.DLL ( or ot4xb > 1.5x ) and Windows API.
API use numeric Pointer not Object so you must write your own "Wrapper" for Xbase++ -> Express++

btw. Concept of activeX, which was for VB User, is "old" ... get native access to DLL with ot4xb
greetings by OHR
Jimmy

Eugene Lutsenko

#8 Post by Eugene Lutsenko »

I just need to draw the line graphs of different thicknesses and colors, well, axis labels, etc. Do not have a graphics library that is compatible with Alaska, which allows it? The standard way of drawing in Alaska seemed to me very uncomfortable, and what did Roger - a lot better.

Eugene Lutsenko

#9 Post by Eugene Lutsenko »

Is it possible to somehow address a question to the developer libraries RMChart?

Auge_Ohr

#10 Post by Auge_Ohr »

Eugene Lutsenko wrote:Is it possible to somehow address a question to the developer libraries RMChart?
as i know RMChart's development was dropped 2005.
greetings by OHR
Jimmy