Screenshots requested

This forum is for eXpress++ general support.
bobvolz

Re: Screenshots requested

#21 Post by bobvolz »

OK ; Here are some of mine.

Bob Volz
Attachments
Fuel Dispensing Log.jpg
Fuel Dispensing Log.jpg (436.83 KiB) Viewed 43869 times
AccountsPayable SAK.jpg
AccountsPayable SAK.jpg (310.18 KiB) Viewed 43869 times
AP Vendor Browser.jpg
AP Vendor Browser.jpg (376.78 KiB) Viewed 43869 times

bobvolz

#22 Post by bobvolz »

Sorry for the background stuff. Here's a few more.
Attachments
Service Customer Info.jpg
Service Customer Info.jpg (406.14 KiB) Viewed 43869 times
Used Vehicle Inquiry.jpg
Used Vehicle Inquiry.jpg (294.57 KiB) Viewed 43869 times
Repair Order SAK.jpg
Repair Order SAK.jpg (534.9 KiB) Viewed 43869 times

skiman

#23 Post by skiman »

Hi Bob,

I agree that Tom his screenshots are more impressive, but for some pusposes yours will give a better idea about the possibilities of eXPress++ from the view of a 'normal' user.

Ever tried the following for your buttons? I think it would give a more modern look to your application.
gradientStep := 1
gradientlevel := 100
gradientstyle := 9

And for those who are interested, this are the recommended fonts for the Modern UI style of Windows 8.
cSayFont := '10.Segoe UI Light'
cGetFont := '11.Calibri'

Would you have time to try it? I'm curious to see the effect on your application.
Best regards,

Chris.
www.aboservice.be

c-tec

#24 Post by c-tec »

Hello
Attachments
2015-03-27_09h19_46.jpg
2015-03-27_09h19_46.jpg (428.67 KiB) Viewed 43864 times
Rudolf Reinthaler
digital pen & paper systems
http://www.formcommander.net

skiman

#25 Post by skiman »

Hi Rudolf,

This is nice, the Windows 8 look and feel.

I also created a font with icons, but I didn't succeed to get the right colors for my buttons. Colors are difficult for me.

Would you share the RGB values you are using for these buttons? I never succeed to get them right. I found the following site with RGB values, but when using them in Xbase++, they look not as expected in my application.
http://colorlib.com/etc/metro-colors/
Best regards,

Chris.
www.aboservice.be

c-tec

#26 Post by c-tec »

Hello Chris,
its a datadriven system that makes my live much easier, and it loosk good an tablet computers. The buttons are made with CAPTIONARRAY, it is very powerful and flexible. It supports also handwriting recognition with Windows ink SDK and onscreen keybord. All menu items and settings are stored in a file that I can config for each user in the system, also color schema, backgrounds, menu styles etc. The color and position of the buttons are set automatically depending on size of the buttons. The transparent right menu appears when you move the mouse over the left end of the screen. Tricky is resizing and changing form full screen to standard windows, here I have to play around with Rogers great resizing and scaling possibilities.
Here are the colors I user:

Code: Select all

local aColor :=  {{0,154,172},;  // 1 blau    Basis Metro Farben
                 {185,29,71},;    // 2 rot
                 {87,54,177},;   // 3 blauviolett
                 {44,134,238},;  // 4 blau2
                 {219,85,45},;   // 5 orange
                 {38,116,236},;  // 6 blau3
                 {0,154,0}  ,;   // 7 grün
                 {164,0,172},;   // 8 vielett
                 {9,78,182} }   // 9 dunkelblau
If needed I can you make samples for some things.
regards
Rudolf
Rudolf Reinthaler
digital pen & paper systems
http://www.formcommander.net

skiman

#27 Post by skiman »

Hi Rudolf,

Thanks for these RGB values.

I'm not using a captionarray for the icons, but I modified the buttonclass itself. This way I don't need to change my source code. I modified my include file, and every button is changed with the icon font. Up to now I didn't had nice colors.

A sample of the integration of the Windows INK SDK would be interesting. Also the right transparent menusystem looks great. If you would like to share that also, you would make me, and probably other eXPress++ users, happy.
Best regards,

Chris.
www.aboservice.be

rdonnay
Site Admin

#28 Post by rdonnay »

Rudolf -

Your screens show that we can have any kind of interface we want with Xbase++.
I have been to 4 (four) SWFox/ SWXbase devcons here in the U.S. They have a "show us your app" gathering of everyone in the big room each year. So far, there have been about 15 Fox apps and only 1 Xbase++ app shown. I have decided that if I am going back there again that this time I am going to use my best efforts to pull the Fox people into the Xbase++ community. It's amazing to me how resistant they are considering that there is no other future for them. It's kind of like they are all battling depression and just waiting to die. I can understand how the older programmers are just hoping to ride out their Fox apps until they retire, but there are plenty of younger programmers too. They need to see this stuff.

Nice work!

Roger
The eXpress train is coming - and it has more cars.

Tom

#29 Post by Tom »

Hi, Chris.
Would you have time to try it? I'm curious to see the effect on your application.
It looks really, really strange. :lol:
Best regards,
Tom

"Did I offend you?"
"No."
"Okay, give me a second chance."

Tom

#30 Post by Tom »

Hi, Chris.
I agree that Tom his screenshots are more impressive, but for some pusposes yours will give a better idea about the possibilities of eXPress++ from the view of a 'normal' user.
I am a 'normal' eXpress++-user. My applications are based on the framework, all dialogs and dialog elements are created using eXpress++, and many, many other functions from Roger's libraries are essential for my work. There are only few GUI-classes which work completely independend from the eXpress++-system.

Yes, this is not just DCBROWSE/-COL anymore. On the other hand: It is DCBROWSE/COL - the main system is the same as elsewhere, for instance at Bob's site. A DCBROWSE creates a browse object, DCBROWSECOL creates column objects. The OWNERDRAW or SUBCLASS clauses allow to add functionality to this, and this is what I'm doing there. Take the data in a cell of a DCBROWSE, interpret it inside the drawing method - and paint a little. To be honest, the cell data is not just cell data anymore. It might be a complex array translated to a string and being retranslated in the drawing method. It may be just a numeric pointer to an multidimensional array containing objects, which is hold by new instance variables I added to the subclass of the DC_XbpBrowse - or stuff like this. But basicly, these are normal, standard eXpress++-DCBROWSES. They do use all the functions Roger provides there. The difference is just that there is a drawing method painting the contens. Everybody can do this.
Best regards,
Tom

"Did I offend you?"
"No."
"Okay, give me a second chance."