CXP and SQLExpress

This forum is for conversations about Internet development using CXP, WebSockets, HttpEndPoint, etc.
Sbryan

CXP and SQLExpress

#1 Post by Sbryan »

Does anyone know for sure whether SQLExpress will work with CXP?
I have the demo and have played with the samples connecting to a PostgreSQL server through Xbase++ but since the demo dll pops up a message saying it's a demo I think that is the reason CXP hangs.
I asked Boris and surprisingly he said he wasn't sure but said no one has complained so he assumes it does. And of course he recommended XB2.net instead.

Sbryan

Re: CXP and SQLExpress

#2 Post by Sbryan »

For anyone who may be interested in this, I went ahead and purchased SQLExpress and so far everything I've tried has worked with CXP. I have only tried basic SQL statements such as DROP, CREATE, UPDATE, and INSERT but so far so good using it with the Foundation version of Xbase++.

rdonnay
Site Admin

#3 Post by rdonnay »

so far so good using it with the Foundation version of Xbase++.
I thought that CXP was included only in the Professional version.
The eXpress train is coming - and it has more cars.

Sbryan

#4 Post by Sbryan »

I thought that CXP was included only in the Professional version.
Fortunately, it's included with the Foundation version. Some of the Professional features are available in the foundation CXP too such as DacSession(). I've never thoroughly investigated which ones work but it appears some of the web stuff is available.
I use the Chilkat library for most all REST communications, JSON, XML, etc., and now SQLExpress for accessing a PostgreSQL server.