Installing eXpress++

If you are converting a text-based Clipper application, a FoxPro application or just writing an application from scratch, use this forum for your eXpress++ questions.
alepap

Installing eXpress++

#1 Post by alepap »

eXpress++ is not free. You need to purchase it on the site
http://donnay-software.com/ds/index.cxp

I dont know how you can pay for the support the years after. I will let Roger Donnay answer that.

You will receive a file exp20262.exe . This is a install file.
It will create a folder C:\EXP20\*.* where all the files, samples, dll, ch, readme.txt will be copied.
I recommend that you keep the default folder names. There are samples that may refer to specific paths.

The samples are located in c:\exp20\samples\*.* . I will post a complete example that will allow you to edit compile and run your first application using xBase++ and eXpress++.

You will need to add the reference to his folder in the PATH, LIB, INCLUDE as you did for Alaska xBase++.

For now, I compile my applications from the command prompt. I will post later if there is additional configuration to do if you are working with the workbench.

rdonnay
Site Admin

Re: Installing eXpress++

#2 Post by rdonnay »

eXpress++ is not free. You need to purchase it on the site
http://donnay-software.com/ds/index.cxp

I dont know how you can pay for the support the years after. I will let Roger Donnay answer that.
I ask for $249 for a 1-year subscription and $399 for a 2-year subscription.
eXpress++ has no expiration date.
That would be impossible considering that it includes all source code.

The subscription fee is so users can get frequent updates.
Now that Xbase++ 2.0 is released, there will be much more frequent updates, especially for those in the FoxPro community who want the new design tools.

There is no charge for using this forum. I will answer all questions whether or not your eXpress++ subscription is up to date.
The eXpress train is coming - and it has more cars.

alepap

Re: Installing eXpress++

#3 Post by alepap »

You path should look like that

C:\DEV>echo %path%
..;C:\exp20\bin20;C:\exp20\bin;...

C:\DEV>echo %lib%
C:\Program Files\Alaska Software\xpp20\lib;C:\exp20\lib

C:\DEV>echo %include%
C:\Program Files\Alaska Software\xpp20\include;C:\exp20\include

If not, change the variables in Windows system, advance system, advanced, environment variables