bb.donnay-software.com

Donnay Software Web Forums
It is currently Sun May 31, 2020 1:14 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:10 am 

You need eXpress++ if you are developing database applications (you can do games too) using a language derived from dBase style, specially if you are not familiar with object oriented programming and would like your application to be in GUI mode.

You need a PC running
Windows XP,
Windows Vista,
Windows 7,
Windows 8, 8.1
Windows 10,
all 32 bits or 64 bits.
maybe os/2 (i´m not sure)

You need Alaska Software xBase++. At the time of this post, they are at version 2.0.
http://alaska-software.com/products/overview.cxp
This looks complicated, but it´s very simple. All compatible with dBase commands and functions and also Clipper commands and functions. Very similar to foxpro. The result is a compiled exe file. This is not interpreted.

You need eXpress++, now is the version 2.0 It´s a set of commands, functions, libraries that helps you build applications faster and in GUI mode. When you use eXpress++, you are fully using Alaska xBase++
http://donnay-software.com/ds/index.cxp

You need a text editor. I use notepad++, Multi Edit is also appreciated. The xBase++ Workbench also provides a text editor.

You need a DBF file utility. eXpress++ provides XDOT. This is amazing. I never used DBU and I can´t use FOXPRO 2.6 anymore since I moved to Windows 10. I don´t think that Alaska provides a DBF utility other than DBU.

You need the help file for Alaska xBase++ and the help file for eXpress++. If you are running Windows 7, 8, 10 you need to setup winhelp from XP. It works. It is discussed in another topic on this BB.

This is the important part:
You need the help and the support provided by this BB on different forums/topics.

Also, please note that you may get personalized help/support/training from Roger Donnay at 60$/HOUR (price may vary). This is his job, and he loves it. Don´t worry if you have spaghetti code. You are not the only one.

If you want to add/propose/suggest other things needed for eXpress++, please reply to theses posts.