Opening A Website

Xbase++ 2.0 Build 554 or later
Tom

Re: Opening A Website

#11 Post by Tom »

Nobody says there is no word marked with a double-click, Jimmy. Just read carefully.
Best regards,
Tom

"Did I offend you?"
"No."
"Okay, give me a second chance."

skiman

#12 Post by skiman »

Auge_Ohr wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:11 pm it is IMHO not a Problem of EDGE itself, it is while EDGE internal PDF Viewer does support OLE Drag_Source
Xbase++ App can not receive OLE Drop as Drop_Target, only CF_TEXT or CF_BITMAP work with DragAccept()
Hi Jimmy,

If you open a PDF with Edge, you will see that you can't drag a selected word. If you open a HTML page you can. This has nothing to do with Xbase++.
Best regards,

Chris.
www.aboservice.be

Auge_Ohr

#13 Post by Auge_Ohr »

hi Chris,
skiman wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:31 am If you open a PDF with Edge, you will see that you can't drag a selected word.
ok, understand
you mean "internal" EDGE PDF Viewer which is Part of Webview2

Answer from ChatGPT
To mark text in the Microsoft Edge PDF Viewer and drag it to Wordpad, you can follow these steps:

1. Open the PDF file in Microsoft Edge¹.
2. Use your cursor to select the text you want to copy¹.
3. Right-click on the selected text and choose "Copy" from the context menu¹.
4. Open Wordpad.
5. Right-click on the area where you want to paste the text and select "Paste" from the context menu.

Please note that this will only copy the text. If the PDF contains images or other non-text elements, those will not be included. Also, the formatting might not be preserved when pasting into Wordpad. If you need to preserve the formatting or include non-text elements, you might need to use a more advanced PDF editing tool or word processor.
why does dragdrop does not work with EDGE PDF Viewer like in old IE ?
The drag and drop functionality you're referring to is a feature of the OLE (Object Linking and Embedding) protocol that was supported in Internet Explorer. This feature allowed users to drag and drop objects between compliant applications¹.

However, Microsoft Edge, including its PDF Viewer, is built on a different technology (Chromium) and does not support the same OLE drag and drop functionality as Internet Explorer¹. In Microsoft Edge's PDF viewer, you can select and copy text, but the drag and drop feature is not available¹⁴.

This difference is due to the evolution of web technologies and security practices. The OLE protocol, while useful, has been phased out in favor of more secure and efficient technologies¹.
greetings by OHR
Jimmy

Tom

#14 Post by Tom »

you mean "internal" EDGE PDF Viewer which is Part of Webview2
This is what we are talking about here, almost since the day of christ's birth (late afternoon). :roll:
Best regards,
Tom

"Did I offend you?"
"No."
"Okay, give me a second chance."

Auge_Ohr

#15 Post by Auge_Ohr »

hi Tom,

i don´t use EDGE PDF Viewer, i use SumtraPDF as external PDF Viewer which use much less Memory

as i understand Chris have used IE as Interface for DragDrop to get Email / Attachment from Outlook
this would be not nessesery if Xbase++ App can be use as OLE Drop_Target
imgdrop.zip
(1.92 MiB) Downloaded 213 times
greetings by OHR
Jimmy

skiman

#16 Post by skiman »

Hi Jimmy,
Microsoft Edge, including its PDF Viewer, is built on a different technology (Chromium) and does not support the same OLE drag and drop functionality as Internet Explorer
It looks as Edge doesn't support it?

And in this case I want to drag/drop text from a pdf. I'm using it to get content of invoices into my app. When some data isn't correctly after the OCR you can manually drag/drop the correct date.
For example if the invoicenumber isn't correctly read by ocr, you can drag/drop it to my app.
Best regards,

Chris.
www.aboservice.be

Auge_Ohr

#17 Post by Auge_Ohr »

hi Chris,
skiman wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:12 am It looks as Edge doesn't support it?
the EDGE / Webview2 Implementation itself does support Drag_Source but EDGE internal PDF Viewer are different

when drop a PDR to my Webview2 Environment it open new (Own) Windows and EDGE PDF Viewer
but drag/drop text from a pdf does not work in that Window

after mark Text it will automatic open menu like right-click
this is the Way for Touch Screen and do not use Windows OLE Technique (for Desktop)

it is the same like ActiveX which was design for Windows IE (only)

---

i have read that Microsoft want use Acrobat PDF technology for EDGE
https://blogs.windows.com/msedgedev/202 ... -edge-pdf/
not sure if it will include Dragdrop
greetings by OHR
Jimmy