A great Html, CSS Editor

Xbase++ 2.0 Build 554 or later
Gerrit

A great Html, CSS Editor

#1 Post by Gerrit »

Thought I would share a great tool I now use. I have never really liked Visual html, css editors because they more or less got in the way. I just recently started using

http://pinegrow.com/

It is Awesome!

Works with with Bootstrap http://getbootstrap.com/

It has all the UI elements you would need to build any web app with CXP.

If you are looking for some Bootstrap templates checkout https://wrapbootstrap.com/themes/admin

Pinegrow, Highly recommended. Does everything a good html, css editor should do and works perfectly great with Bootstrap.

rdonnay
Site Admin

Re: A great Html, CSS Editor

#2 Post by rdonnay »

Gerritt -

I am anxious to look at this.
Have you worked at all with CXP yet?
If so, in what way do you see this framework and CXP working together?

Are you saying that we will use this framework to create HTML and then merge that HTML with Xbase++ code via CXP?

Roger
The eXpress train is coming - and it has more cars.

Gerrit

#3 Post by Gerrit »

I have not worked with CXP for long enough to be an expert. I have done html,css web dev though.

Bootstrap HTML,CSS framework is the web industry standard UI for web apps.
Pinegrow simply presents and organizes the UI elements to make them much easier to work with.

In the MVC Model View Controller pattern. CXP will provide all programming logic.
-Models- data definitions
-Controllers- application logic, classes, functions etc

Views will be handled by the Bootstrap HTML, CSS designed in Pinegrow.

Yes, Ideally we should be able to create all of the HTML, CSS screens and then merge the application logic into it.

The unfortunate and time consuming aspect of web dev is that there are more parts. Html, css, javascript and application logic.

Hopefully CXP will working nicely with pinegrow to save some time for CXP, html, css web dev.
rdonnay wrote:Gerritt -

I am anxious to look at this.
Have you worked at all with CXP yet?
If so, in what way do you see this framework and CXP working together?

Are you saying that we will use this framework to create HTML and then merge that HTML with Xbase++ code via CXP?

Roger

rdonnay
Site Admin

#4 Post by rdonnay »

Hopefully CXP will working nicely with pinegrow to save some time for CXP, html, css web dev.
I have no doubt.
I posted sample CXP code that works with a JQuery browse which is fed data via an Ajax call back to another CXP page that pushes out XML.

I'm away in California for the next 2 weeks so I have to put this on hold for awhile, but I'll dig into it after I get home.
The eXpress train is coming - and it has more cars.