Problem with deleted records

Xbase++ 2.0 Build 554 or later
Piotr D

Problem with deleted records

#1 Post by Piotr D »

Hi,
I still test Pgdbe using Express library. Now I have problem with deleted records. I use a table, set scope with DC_SetScope(),
(for example, record #1 is not deleted, record #2 is deleted (in column __deleted is TRUE))
after DC_DbGoTop() only not deleted records are available (I test it wit DO WHILE !DC_EOF() .. DC_DbSKip(1).. ENDDO),
but when I create DCBROWSE, I see only one row with record #1 (OK) but when I display it, it's a record #2 !
What's wrong? (SET DELETED is ON, of course)

Piotr

Auge_Ohr

Re: Problem with deleted records

#2 Post by Auge_Ohr »

hi,

this is a Problem of pgDBE ISAM Emulation and not Express++
please report to Alaska Newsforum "preview.xbase++.20"
greetings by OHR
Jimmy

Piotr D

#3 Post by Piotr D »

Jimmy, are you sure? These problem exist only if deleted record(s) is/are first or last record in selected scope.
If these are "inside scoped group" of records, are not visible (SET DELETED is ON!) and all works correctly. But
when deleted record is first (the same with last) in "scoped group" of records, after creation of DCBROWSE is
first not visible, but when I "stay" on first record and press "up arrow", I go to these deleted record. IMO, problem
is with corelation DbSetScope() - DbSkip() - Eof()/Bof()

Piotr

Piotr D

#4 Post by Piotr D »

I solved these problem. With DCBROWSE based on DC_XbpBrowse class from Express 252 works good (wrong was
DC_XbpBrowse class from Express 242). C'est la vie and now back to tests :)

Piotr

Tom

#5 Post by Tom »

I'm pretty sure Jimmy can't be sure. ;) He doesn't use eXpress++. And scoping should work with Xbase++ 2.0 and SQL emulation, since it's a core functionality.

Take a look at your setting for "DC_ScopeExpress". Don't use it in that situation. Move to native DbSetScope() or call DC_SetScopeExpress(.F.).
Best regards,
Tom

"Did I offend you?"
"No."
"Okay, give me a second chance."

Auge_Ohr

#6 Post by Auge_Ohr »

Piotr D wrote:I solved these problem. With DCBROWSE based on DC_XbpBrowse class from Express 252 works good (wrong was DC_XbpBrowse class from Express 242). C'est la vie and now back to tests :)
it was not clear to me that you are using an old Express++ Version.
greetings by OHR
Jimmy

Piotr D

#7 Post by Piotr D »

Jimmy,
with my DBF sources I work with Express++ version 242 - these was for me enough, I made in some Roger's sources changes
(for better support polish fonts). When I begin test with Xbase 2.0 first I recompile theseExpress sources, but when I have
some problem, I take another version (252) Express sources. But when I copy these to an temporary folder (in which was sources
from v242) during my changes not all of this was replaced with v252, especially - source code of DC_XbpBrowse class.
After I delete all these (mixed) source, copy all source code from v252, recompile DCLIPX - it work fine. IMO previous was conflict
source code version between DC_XbpBrowse and DC_SetScope

Piotr

rdonnay
Site Admin

#8 Post by rdonnay »

Piotr -

Why are you using such an old build of eXpress++ ?

The most current build is 259.
Build 260 will be available in 2 weeks.
I want to be sure to tackle all issues related to PGDBE before that release.
The eXpress train is coming - and it has more cars.

Piotr D

#9 Post by Piotr D »

Roger,
I don't now if my software house have paid for last subscription. If it's possible, send me please (only for testing)
newer (current) version of DCLIPX.DLL and DCLIPX.LIB compiled with Xbase 2.0 on my private (dpiotr@interia.pl)
or bussines (sigid@sigid.pl) e-mail.

Piotr