Southwest Xbase++ Conference Postcard

Announcements about new features or events.
rdonnay
Site Admin

Southwest Xbase++ Conference Postcard

#1 Post by rdonnay »

If you live in the U.S., and are a registered owner of Xbase++, you should have received the following postcard.
I received mine yesterday.

I had a nice conversation with Steffen Pirsig a few days ago and asked him if I could post this on the forum.
I had expressed my concern over the fact that it appears the Foxpro people seem to have much more influence in this event than Alaska. He reminded me that Xbase++ and Alaska's influence has come a long way in just 3 years when I attended the event with Steffen in October 2009 (and had my motorcyle accident on my ride back home). We were both frustrated at the time at how the Foxpro people seemed to be so influenced by the Microsoft way of doing things and wondered if our Xbase++ community and their community could ever merge. Well, this year the merge has started and they seem to be welcoming Alaska into their community mostly because of their frustrations with Microsoft leaving them behind and their desire to work with Steffen to make Xbase++ the perfect successor to FoxPro.

I am encouraging Xbase++ users to attend this conference for the reasons stated on the postcard, but also to show the Fox community how much we love Xbase++ and how much we want to share information for the better of us all. I will be there as a speaker (Owner-Drawing) and will also be hosting an eXpress++ workshop. I was disappointed when I heard that the event organizers were asking an additional $99 for attendees to my workshop. I have never asked my loyal customers to pay me for a workshop at a conference, but I now understand that this was due to a snafu that will not occur again in the future. Steffen assured me that if you bring your postcard to the conference and have it signed by me, you will receive a discount by that much on your next subscription update. I also am offering to share some very good wine, fresh roasted coffee and homemade Amish friendship bread with anyone who attends my workshop.

Another reason to attend is because we all like a good party. Those of you who were at my eXpress++ Devcon in idaho in 2008 know what I mean. Alaska Software has graciously ordered a piano for Bobby Drakos. He will be bringing his song books and his amazing talent. Everyone who was at the Berlin and Hanover Devcons can attest to the fun that was had.
Also, if you were at my Idaho Devcon, you were immortalized by Bobby's magazine covers. Here's a little reminder:
http://donnay-software.com/devcon.htm.

If you have been frustrated with Alaska due to their slowness in providing us with their promised 2.0 update, just remember that a slow response is much better than complete abandonment.

Our new slogan:

Microsoft Sucks.
Alaska Sucks too, but not so much.

SWFox1.jpg
SWFox1.jpg (108.94 KiB) Viewed 6463 times
SWFox2.JPG
SWFox2.JPG (74.36 KiB) Viewed 6463 times
The eXpress train is coming - and it has more cars.