bb.donnay-software.com

Donnay Software Web Forums
It is currently Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:48 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:41 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:58 pm
Posts: 4128
Location: Boise, Idaho USA
I am sorry to say that there were insufficient committments to an eXpress++ devcon in Europe this year to go ahead with a conference, therefore it has been officially cancelled.

I have never been more busy with Xbase++ projects than I am now and so this was rather unexpected.

Oh well, nothing else will change. I am continuing to work with Xbase++ 2.0 and add improvements to eXpress++. Everything I have been asked to do when consulting on business applications I have been able to do with Xbase++. Unfortunately, Alaska Software's insufficient marketing and documentation may lead some of you to believe otherwise and cause you to consider taking another path. As for me, I am staying with Xbase++ until I retire (maybe in 10 years).

I am now developing under Windows 10.

_________________
The eXpress train is coming - and it has more cars.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:07 am
Posts: 613
Location: Alachua, Florida USA
rdonnay wrote:
I am sorry to say that there were insufficient committments to an eXpress++ devcon in Europe this year to go ahead with a conference, therefore it has been officially cancelled.

I have never been more busy with Xbase++ projects than I am now and so this was rather unexpected.

Oh well, nothing else will change. I am continuing to work with Xbase++ 2.0 and add improvements to eXpress++. Everything I have been asked to do when consulting on business applications I have been able to do with Xbase++. Unfortunately, Alaska Software's insufficient marketing and documentation may lead some of you to believe otherwise and cause you to consider taking another path. As for me, I am staying with Xbase++ until I retire (maybe in 10 years).

I am now developing under Windows 10.


Sorry to hear about the european conferance...

There''s always a US express++ conference to consider... (not the foxpro conference)

_________________
Brian Wolfsohn
Retired and traveling around the country to music festivals in my RV.
OOPS.. Corona Virus, so NOT travelling around the country right now...
http://www.breadmanrises.com
FB travel group: The Breadman Rises


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:11 pm
Posts: 605
Location: Steven Point, Wisconsin USA
I would definately go to a multi day Express++ conference. I liked the topics on the agenda but the timeframe conflicted with family activities at the same time.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:33 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:58 pm
Posts: 4128
Location: Boise, Idaho USA
Quote:
There''s always a US express++ conference to consider... (not the foxpro conference)


I am considering that for September. Can we have a show of hands?

_________________
The eXpress train is coming - and it has more cars.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:07 am
Posts: 613
Location: Alachua, Florida USA
rdonnay wrote:
Quote:
There''s always a US express++ conference to consider... (not the foxpro conference)


I am considering that for September. Can we have a show of hands?


As long as it's not the labor day weekend, i'm probably good to go...

_________________
Brian Wolfsohn
Retired and traveling around the country to music festivals in my RV.
OOPS.. Corona Virus, so NOT travelling around the country right now...
http://www.breadmanrises.com
FB travel group: The Breadman Rises


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:39 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:58 pm
Posts: 4128
Location: Boise, Idaho USA
Most likely mid-September.

There would be no minimum attendance to make this happen.

I would go ahead with it even if there were only 10 attendees.

_________________
The eXpress train is coming - and it has more cars.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:59 am
Posts: 773
Location: Berlin, Germany
Quote:
Most likely mid-September.


I'm sorry, but I refuse to visit the U.S. as long as the crazy guy is your president.

_________________
Best regards,
Tom

"Did I offend you?"
"No."
"Okay, give me a second chance."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:19 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:58 pm
Posts: 4128
Location: Boise, Idaho USA
Quote:
I'm sorry, but I refuse to visit the U.S. as long as the crazy guy is your president.


America has changed a lot in my lifetime. This is starting to remind me of the rise of populism, nationalism and religious intolerance in Europe and Asia in the 1930's. We all know where this leads. The historical record has lessons for us all but only if we read it. I just finished "The Mantle of Command". It was about great presidential leadership during WW-II. I long for the days when we had great leaders like the Roosevelts but, alas, America now longs for something else.

We will get together again, Tom.
I need to take a real vacation to Europe.
I'm thinking I should ship my Harley Trike out there and ride around the European continent.

Today is the day I start saving for that trip.

What do you think of this itinerary? :

Libson - Porto - Bordeaux - Paris - Brussels - Amsterdam - Hamburg - Berlin - Dresden - Prague - Budapest - Vienna - Venice - Florence - Rome

_________________
The eXpress train is coming - and it has more cars.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:46 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:11 pm
Posts: 605
Location: Steven Point, Wisconsin USA
1 - 3 from our office, just not Labor Day or the last Sunday weekend in September, 21-25.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:44 pm
Posts: 1185
rdonnay wrote:
I'm thinking I should ship my Harley Trike out there and ride around the European continent.
i would like to join you on that Trip ... but i think i would prefer other Route ( with many Curves )
Attachment:
Guzzi.gif
Guzzi.gif [ 5.35 KiB | Viewed 14990 times ]

_________________
greetings by OHR
Jimmy


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group