How to view or modify the tables of a database in POSTGRESQL

This forum is for eXpress++ general support.
Tom

Re: How to view or modify the tables of a database in POSTGRESQL

#11 Post by Tom »

Hi, Diego.

You have to establish a connection to the PG server and set the PGDBE and/or the session as the default session or DBE (or use the VIA clause) if you want to create index files there. This is what you do if you want to use the PGDBE in your app. It's not necessary for upsizing, but right after that, you move from DBFCDX or what to PGDBE. You don't use the files anymore. If you don't do this, your upsized files are just backups of your file based data.
Best regards,
Tom

"Did I offend you?"
"No."
"Okay, give me a second chance."

Diego Euri Almanzar

#12 Post by Diego Euri Almanzar »

Hello, Tom

I'm connecting to POSTGRESQL via a session, and using PGDBE as default. But, my problem is not creating indexes, or uploading indexes with DBFUPSIZE. The problem I have now is that when I abnormally quit the program, or my software, some records get locked, and only unlock when I shut down the computer.

Does POSTGRESQL have a tool to terminate the session when abrupt exits occur?

Diego Euri Almanzar

#13 Post by Diego Euri Almanzar »

Worse still, now I notice that the locked records stay locked forever, even if I turn off the computer. It is even tarred from the table that stores the user keys, which neither order nor index has, because I use it sequentially with LOCATE. When I find out why POSTGRESQL locks some records permanently, I'll be calmer.