ADS version 11 vs ADS 12

This forum is for general support of Xbase++
Jonathan Leeming

ADS version 11 vs ADS 12

#1 Post by Jonathan Leeming »

Hi,

I need to increase my current ADS version 11 license for 50 users to 250 users and the supplier is quoting on version 12 although they informed be I can get 11 if I wish. I seem to remember hearing of problems with ADS 12 but don't know of any specifics. Is anyone aware of any reason that why I should stay with version 11 instead of moving up to version 12? I'm currently using free tables:

DbeInfo( COMPONENT_DATA, ADSDBE_TBL_MODE, ADSDBE_CDX)
DbeInfo( COMPONENT_ORDER, ADSDBE_INDEX_EXT, "CDX")

Thanks... Jonathan

Tom

Re: ADS version 11 vs ADS 12

#2 Post by Tom »

Jonathan,

we use ADS 12 at various sites, but with clients (ACE32.DLL) for 11, as I remember. No problems.
Best regards,
Tom

"Did I offend you?"
"No."
"Okay, give me a second chance."

Jonathan Leeming

#3 Post by Jonathan Leeming »

Hi Tom & Thanks,

I follow IDXF (using Chrome & Google Translate) and have seen your postings there. I figured based upon your past postings that you use ADS in some of your solutions. I put the ADS 12 developers version on my test machine and have done some test and all appears fine but was interested in peoples experience in the "real world". Thanks for chiming in!

Thanks Again... Jonathan

bobvolz

#4 Post by bobvolz »

Hi: We have been using ADS 12 for 2 years now on 4 different servers. No issues as of yet. It did some quirky things on one of my encrypted files but that may be my fault
since I was testing using ADS Local. Yes, you do need the older ACE32 dll from 2015. If you are not using encrypted files I wouldn't worry about it.
Bob Volz