New Messages Only

This forum is for general questions about how to use this board.
Cliff Wiernik

New Messages Only

#1 Post by Cliff Wiernik »

I have been using this, either by clicking the option on the right side of the screen or with the direct URL link.

However, that brings up the topics that have the new messages added. How, do you easily see what are the new message added to the thread. I was look for something in the header of the new message but I must be missing something.

Thanks, Cliff.

bwolfsohn

Re: New Messages Only

#2 Post by bwolfsohn »

Cliff Wiernik wrote:I have been using this, either by clicking the option on the right side of the screen or with the direct URL link.

However, that brings up the topics that have the new messages added. How, do you easily see what are the new message added to the thread. I was look for something in the header of the new message but I must be missing something.

Thanks, Cliff.
Cliff,

I'm doing the same thing..

What i miss is the webboard showing the new message, with an option to view entire thread..

Brian
Brian Wolfsohn
Retired and traveling around the country to music festivals in my RV.
OOPS.. Corona Virus, so NOT traveling right now...
http://www.breadmanrises.com
FB travel group: The Breadman Rises

rdonnay
Site Admin

#3 Post by rdonnay »

When I view unread posts or view new posts it always shows me the entire thread when I click a topic.
The eXpress train is coming - and it has more cars.

Cliff Wiernik

#4 Post by Cliff Wiernik »

rdonnay wrote:When I view unread posts or view new posts it always shows me the entire thread when I click a topic.
But is there any way to now with which message the new items start at. I just get the thread and have to go to the end and basically backup to what I remember that I have read.

Cliff

rdonnay
Site Admin

#5 Post by rdonnay »

Yes, I agree that is annoying.
There may be a mod to fix this, but I don't know.
The eXpress train is coming - and it has more cars.

reganc

#6 Post by reganc »

Cliff Wiernik wrote:
rdonnay wrote:When I view unread posts or view new posts it always shows me the entire thread when I click a topic.
But is there any way to now with which message the new items start at. I just get the thread and have to go to the end and basically backup to what I remember that I have read.

Cliff
When I click on 'View unread messages', next to the number of messages in the thread in the top right there is a link that says go to the 1st unread message...does that not do it for you?
Regan Cawkwell
Real Business Applications Ltd
http://www.rbauk.com

Tom

#7 Post by Tom »

If you see the "new messages" list (a list of threads), there are (in most cases) two small bitmaps, one in front of the thread title (left side of the table). This one leads to the first message you didn't read so far. Another similar bitmap is placed right behind the name of the last user which posted a message in this thread. This one leads you to the end of the thread. Edit: If you don't see the bitmap next to the thread title, you already read all the messages in this thread, but some came in since your last logout/login. If you stay logged in, this information will only change at the next day.
Best regards,
Tom

"Did I offend you?"
"No."
"Okay, give me a second chance."

Cliff Wiernik

#8 Post by Cliff Wiernik »

Thanks Tom and the others earlier in the thread that pointed this out to me. I should also help Brian Wolfsohn. It works just fine. Icons are real good if you know what they mean. I did not think about mousing over them to see the tool tip. Was looking for something more obvious.

Thanks again, Cliff.