Print CodBar in Zebra LP 2824 Printer

This forum is for eXpress++ general support.
digitsoft

Print CodBar in Zebra LP 2824 Printer

#1 Post by digitsoft »

If I can help CodBar need to print a Zebra LP 2824 Printer
connected to the USB port

Nolberto Paulino
A Cordial Welcome
Nolberto Paulino
Regards

BruceN

Re: Print CodBar in Zebra LP 2824 Printer

#2 Post by BruceN »

I have a routine to print the following formats on that series of printer using a std Generic/text only print driver..
@ 1, 5 DCRADIO m_type PROMPT 'UCC/EAN 128' VALUE '0'
@ 2, 5 DCRADIO m_type PROMPT 'Code 128 A,B,C' VALUE '1'
@ 3, 5 DCRADIO m_type PROMPT 'Interleaved 2 of 5' VALUE '2'
@ 4, 5 DCRADIO m_type PROMPT 'Code 39 std or ext' VALUE '3'
@ 5, 5 DCRADIO m_type PROMPT 'Code 93' VALUE '9'
@ 6, 5 DCRADIO m_type PROMPT 'Codabar' VALUE 'K'
@ 7, 5 DCRADIO m_type PROMPT 'Discrete 2 of 5' VALUE 'U'

I'll be happy to dig it out and post it if you want. However, I have to leave soon and won't be back possibly until late tonight. So I can find it and post either then or tomorrow.

Let m know if that would work for you. I hope it will help... you guys have been invaluable to me and I'm lookking forward to being able to contribute back.

bruce
There are only 10 kinds of people - those who understand binary and those who don't :)

digitsoft

#3 Post by digitsoft »

Thanks Bruce
for your help, I need to print CodBar 3 9 and UPC Off
but by using the CodBar 3 Off 9 and sends it to the Zebra Printer
nothing comes out.

Nolberto Paulino
Nolberto Paulino
Regards

Wolfgang Ciriack

#4 Post by Wolfgang Ciriack »

Do you have a "*" at the beginning and the end ?

digitsoft

#5 Post by digitsoft »

Take a look at my code
oFontCodBar := XbpFont():New():Create( "35.Free 3 of 9" )
@ nRow + = 01.0,00.5 DCPRINT SAY ALLTRIM (PEPAM01-> NombreProd) ALIGN DCPRINT_ALIGN_HCENTER FONT "9.Arial Bold
@ nRow + = 02.6,00.5 DCPRINT SAY "*" + PEPAM01-> CodProd + "*" FONT oFontCodBar
@ nRow + = 02.3,00.5 DCPRINT SAY ALLTRIM (PEPAM01-> CodProd) ALIGN DCPRINT_ALIGN_HCENTER FONT "10.Arial Bold

Screen goes well but when I choose the Zebra Printer prints nothing on the label
Nolberto Paulino
Regards

BruceN

#6 Post by BruceN »

Here's the prg we use (it was written by our old programmer, George, a long time ago, them modified by us a little a few years ago.

It has the zebra setup as a generic / text only printer and creates a character string to send to the printer which the printer interprets and prints. We have dozens of people using now withour issue.... one customer printed about a million labels a year with it.

There may be a few functions called that are in other prgs, so it probaly wont run stand alone, but you can see how we create and send the string. The allows for 6 lines on each label and you can set which is text, which is the bar code, and what the text is.

I've also included our default dbf files (for setup parameters). Most of our users use 1.5 x 1 inch labels.

Hope it helps... if it does, please let me know. It will make me feel quite good to know i've been able to pay back your kindness!

bruce
Attachments
zebra.zip
prg and setup dbfs for zebra 28xx saeries
(15.55 KiB) Downloaded 765 times
There are only 10 kinds of people - those who understand binary and those who don't :)

skiman

#7 Post by skiman »

Hi,

If there is nothing printed, I would try with a standard text. Just to see if it is working. We have used Zebra printers with their Windows driver without a problem.

Can you print from WORDPAD? If that is working, try to print '*TEST*' in the code code39 from Wordpad. This way you will be sure if the problem is the printer driver, the font or your application.
Best regards,

Chris.
www.aboservice.be

digitsoft

#8 Post by digitsoft »

Hi Bruce
I've seen your code but the truth is is designed to parallel port or LPT and I need it to USB port

If you send me an example, I thank you.
Nolberto Paulino
Regards

BruceN

#9 Post by BruceN »

we print to usb as well, in fact we haven't setup a serial/parallel port zerbra printer in probably 3 years.. i'll look into it and see if that routine is elsewhere (I didnt write it). Look for answer later today.

hope i can help...

BruceN

#10 Post by BruceN »

Line 359 in prg:

if substr(m26_port,1,3) = 'LPT' .or. m26_loc = 'W' // BN 11/06 for USB port (guess I did mod this a few years ago after all)

m26_loc = 'W' is USB port (Windows driver).

oPrinter:=XbpPrinter():New()
oPrinter:Create(trim(m26_wind)) // windows printer name
set printer to OBJECT oPrinter
set console off
set print on

trick is to install zebra printer as Generic/text only and NOT use the zebra drivers. We send a formatted text string to the port and the printer translates that into the print text and bar code. We do NOT send a typical windows graphic image of the output.

At the very beginning of the prg we have the format for the text string and all the parameters for text and bar codes.

We output 6 lines, they can be text or bar codes, but not lines or other graphics. The printer can do those, and the details can bwe found in the programmer's manual. I have an old one for the EPL2 interface language (before Eltron was bought by Zebra), but the syntax still works, apparently.

hope trhat helps.

bruce