DC_MENUITEM with BITMAP

This forum is for eXpress++ general support.
ivanvazan

DC_MENUITEM with BITMAP

#1 Post by ivanvazan »

Roger,
I found a discrepancy between the older eXpress build 240 and new build 255 (I don’t have any other environment saved, so I don’t know exactly when did this issue first happened). The difference is how are the bitmaps displayed in the DC_MENUITEMs – please see the attached screenshots. It seems like the new build is expanding the bitmap or trying to autofit it somehow. The sample code is also attached.
If I am doing something wrong or missing something in my code, please let me know.

Thanks.
Attachments
MENUTEST.zip
(1.87 KiB) Downloaded 577 times
menu355.jpg
menu355.jpg (16.22 KiB) Viewed 5451 times
menu240.jpg
menu240.jpg (16.05 KiB) Viewed 5451 times

rdonnay
Site Admin

Re: DC_MENUITEM with BITMAP

#2 Post by rdonnay »

Yes, indeed you found a discrepancy.

I ran this change against all my other programs and lots of customer programs but it appears that it doesn't pass your test program.

I had done this to make it more compatible with icons but then it looks like it causing improper drawing of some bitmaps. I changed the code to make it paint bitmaps the way it did in earlier versions and icons using a scaled technique.

Attached is a new _DCCLASS.PRG

Copy it to your \exp19\source\dclipx folder and then run build19_sl1.bat to rebuild dclipx.dll.

This fix will be in the build 256 maintenance release which will be available after fixing all reported regressions.
Attachments
_dcclass.zip
(38.28 KiB) Downloaded 582 times
The eXpress train is coming - and it has more cars.

ivanvazan

Re: DC_MENUITEM with BITMAP

#3 Post by ivanvazan »

Yup, that fixed it. Thanks Roger, I appreciate your quick reply.