DXMXPUSHBUTTON and DCMXADDBUTTON

This forum is for eXpress++ general support.
ivanvazan

DXMXPUSHBUTTON and DCMXADDBUTTON

#1 Post by ivanvazan »

Roger,
I am reporting an issue with the DXMXPUSHBUTTON and DCMXADDBUTTON commands.
Until recently, I was using the 'regular' DXPUSHBUTTON and DCADDBUTTON commands and they worked just fine. I wanted to improve the 'look' of my apps, so I changed all buttons to MX style with bitmap and text. Well, everything seemed to work fine, until some of my clients started to complain that the buttons stop to react to the mouse click after few minutes. They work okay after the screen is loaded, but if you let it sit and do something else for few minutes, the click does not invoke the ACTION anymore. Tabbing to the button and hitting ENTER key does not do anything either. You can see that the button received the focus, but no action. Interesting thing is that the associated ACCELKEY still works... If you have a mix of regular PUSHBUTTONS and MXPUSHBUTTONS on the same screen, the regular ones work, but the MX ones don't.
FYI: I upgraded to the newest eXpress++ build 254 and the issue is still there. I tested this on Vista and Windows 7 (both 32 and 64bit). You can also see this behaviour in XDEMO - Sample 6 - MXPushButtons.

Thanks for your help,
Ivan Vazan

rdonnay
Site Admin

Re: DXMXPUSHBUTTON and DCMXADDBUTTON

#2 Post by rdonnay »

I no longer support MXButtons in eXpress++.

This is a third-party product that is not very well supported, therefore I decided to write my own class of pushbuttons in eXpress++ build 249, named DCPUSHBUTTONXP and DCADDBUTTONXP.

Look at the samples in \exp19\samples\buttonxp.
The eXpress train is coming - and it has more cars.

ivanvazan

Re: DXMXPUSHBUTTON and DCMXADDBUTTON

#3 Post by ivanvazan »

Awesome. Thanks for the quick reply, Roger. I dumped all 'MX' style buttons and replaced them with the 'BUTTONXP class' buttons. :-)