DCPRINT to excel

This forum is for eXpress++ general support.
bobvolz

DCPRINT to excel

#1 Post by bobvolz »

Hi All;

I use DCPRINT to Excel thoughout my app. I have ONE PC user that has Excel installed on the machine but DCPRINT reports that 'Excel is not Installed' We have installed and re installed
several times. We have tried Office 2021 and Office 2016. The Excel.exe App is on the PC in c:\Program Files\Microsoft Office \Office16.

Has anyone else experienced this and fixed it.?

It should be noted that this PC had Excel on it for quite some time and it suddenly completely disappeared.. We reinstalled it and now have this issue.

Maybe a corrupt registry.?

Thanks
Bob Volz

rdonnay
Site Admin

Re: DCPRINT to excel

#2 Post by rdonnay »

What happens when you run this at the Xdot dot prompt?

oExcel := CreateObject("Excel.Application")
The eXpress train is coming - and it has more cars.

Wolfgang Ciriack

#3 Post by Wolfgang Ciriack »

Did you installed accidentally the 64Bit version of excel ?

k-insis

#4 Post by k-insis »

Office automation works regardless of 32/64 bit as OS acts as middle man between your program and automation provider.

Per instance I work with 64bit Office Excel right now from xpp and it works flawlessly.

But beware: if you use Excel ODBC you do need 32bit Office installed as with never versions MS does not include 32bit "Excel" odbc driver with 64bit office installation anymore.
Which is bummer, excel odbc has had some neat benefits for exporting data.
Wolfgang Ciriack wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:21 pm Did you installed accidentally the 64Bit version of excel ?

bobvolz

#5 Post by bobvolz »

Hi :
I finally gave up and yanked the machine. I put in a new one and it works fine. I believe ultimately that the PC had some kind of disk or registry corruption.

I tried to access "MY PC" and that wouldn't even open so I believe that confirms my suspicion.

Thanks for the advice.

Bob Volz