Internal account lookup failure, when installing POSTGRESQL

This forum is for eXpress++ general support.
Diego Euri Almanzar

Internal account lookup failure, when installing POSTGRESQL

#1 Post by Diego Euri Almanzar »

My computer had Windows 7. I changed it to Windows 10. On windows 7, I installed postgresql correctly. But, now in Wibdows 10, right at the end of the installation this error appears:

"Internal account lookup failure: No mapping between account names and security identifiers."

From what I've been able to investigate, it indicates that I should change the username in Windows 10, and after changing the username, reboot the computer. I changed the user in Windows several times, but the Postgresql installation still does not complete.

Please someone help me.

Best regards

k-insis

Re: Internal account lookup failure, when installing POSTGRESQL

#2 Post by k-insis »

Did you perhaps use some very old pgsql installer or current one ?
Diego Euri Almanzar wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:13 am My computer had Windows 7. I changed it to Windows 10. On windows 7, I installed postgresql correctly. But, now in Wibdows 10, right at the end of the installation this error appears:

"Internal account lookup failure: No mapping between account names and security identifiers."

From what I've been able to investigate, it indicates that I should change the username in Windows 10, and after changing the username, reboot the computer. I changed the user in Windows several times, but the Postgresql installation still does not complete.

Please someone help me.

Best regards

Diego Euri Almanzar

#3 Post by Diego Euri Almanzar »

Hello k-insis

In the Alaska Software download center, a version of PostGresql was available, whose display formats are the same as they use in the driver documentation. Since I am not an expert, I took to doing things as they suggested. Having problems with Windows 10, I had the same idea as you, download a more advanced version, and I no longer have problems.

Thank you.

k-insis

#4 Post by k-insis »

Cool.

Do they still recommend 8.3 in documentation ?

It is beyond reasoning why they don't update officially recomended pgsql to anything current. They should test pgdbe with it when having all source and tools needed in house .

Diego Euri Almanzar wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:52 pm Hello k-insis

In the Alaska Software download center, a version of PostGresql was available, whose display formats are the same as they use in the driver documentation. Since I am not an expert, I took to doing things as they suggested. Having problems with Windows 10, I had the same idea as you, download a more advanced version, and I no longer have problems.

Thank you.