cXml

This forum is for eXpress++ general support.
omni

cXml

#1 Post by omni »

Anybody ever tried to convert cXml and then imported results, and visa versa. We have a client that does 1,000 invoices a month with this one customer and the customer has switched to that format and wants our client to use it to download po numbers (ie, info on what is being ordered) and eventually send back an invoice in the cxml format. (this is in trucking, just fyi)
Wondering if there is a tool to do this, or any suggestions. They were quoted $30,000 from a software vendor just to do the initial interface, and then the same amount each year to process back and forth, with us sending/receiving the information in csv files to the software vendor for conversion. So our cost on top of that.
OUCH!

They declined and want us to do it. Have a meeting monday with both customer and client. Our client can manually do it online on a web portal but will not with that many invoices per month.

Their customer also has edi options, but unsure how long they will support that. Not the same edi we currently support, but it would not be an issue writing the new edi logic, just time consuming and not be a long term solution. Just looking for options.

(trucking edi is not the same as the shipper/receiver edi, so a different animal and a real pain)

Thanks

Fred
omni

k-insis

Re: cXml

#2 Post by k-insis »

Of course, but it would be mighty helpful if you posted more about which standard for electronic invoice in xml format they need.

See - It is not trivial, but not 'hard as hell' to produce xml invoices and send them to specific web service together with pdf and some other files to process. Even signing them with certificate is doable .

And reading xml data is even easier imho

For working with xml there is already support in xbase, communication too, while xml signing with certificate can be done with xmlsec ; pdf signing tools are all around.

So.... which standard to produce them in?
omni wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:19 pm Anybody ever tried to convert cXml and then imported results, and visa versa. We have a client that does 1,000 invoices a month with this one customer and the customer has switched to that format and wants our client to use it to download po numbers (ie, info on what is being ordered) and eventually send back an invoice in the cxml format. (this is in trucking, just fyi)
Wondering if there is a tool to do this, or any suggestions. They were quoted $30,000 from a software vendor just to do the initial interface, and then the same amount each year to process back and forth, with us sending/receiving the information in csv files to the software vendor for conversion. So our cost on top of that.
OUCH!

They declined and want us to do it. Have a meeting monday with both customer and client. Our client can manually do it online on a web portal but will not with that many invoices per month.

Their customer also has edi options, but unsure how long they will support that. Not the same edi we currently support, but it would not be an issue writing the new edi logic, just time consuming and not be a long term solution. Just looking for options.

(trucking edi is not the same as the shipper/receiver edi, so a different animal and a real pain)

Thanks

Fred
omni

omni

#3 Post by omni »

No further information right now, not until our meeting with specs next week. The software vendor had that type of info.
We have done all types web interfaces with different formats, but no cXml. SOAP has been used quite a bit.

Fred'

rdonnay
Site Admin

#4 Post by rdonnay »

The technical aspects are not that hard once you have done a lot of XML work.
The NYC taxi software I helped develop transfers thousands of taxi trip info every day via SOAP, which is basically XML.

The time-consuming part of all this are the little details, like the format of the XML and understanding the documentation.
The eXpress train is coming - and it has more cars.

Wolfgang Ciriack

#5 Post by Wolfgang Ciriack »

Hello,
in Germany we have the "ZUGFeRD" or "XRechnung" format, very complex xml format.
But with Roger DC_XmlNode() it is very easy to create the xml files.

Tom

#6 Post by Tom »

XML creation is simple. Using, reading and transforming XML to table data is an issue.
Best regards,
Tom

"Did I offend you?"
"No."
"Okay, give me a second chance."

skiman

#7 Post by skiman »

Hi,

Creating code to read an XML is easy with this tool: https://tools.chilkat.io/xmlParse

Paste your XML and it will return the Chilkat code to read it. After that it is easy to implement this in your software and to decide what to do with the data.

The same tool is available to create an XML, you paste the XML and you get the code to create the XML.

It exists also for JSON.
Best regards,

Chris.
www.aboservice.be

Tom

#8 Post by Tom »

F*cking cool! 8-)
Best regards,
Tom

"Did I offend you?"
"No."

Tom

#9 Post by Tom »

Or creating the complete source for dealing with something you got as a Postman collection. Or from a Swagger API. Great. This saves hours and days of work. What a great thing!
Best regards,
Tom

"Did I offend you?"
"No."

rdonnay
Site Admin

#10 Post by rdonnay »

We are heading toward Artificial Intelligence here.

My best guess is that I will be self-retired before AI retires me by force.

Windows, multi-threading, Object Oriented programming, Stateless systems, GUI, Internet, mobile devices, etc. didn't exist when I started programming in the late 60's.
My first program was a bunch of 1's and 0's in a punch card.

Yet, I am still here, and still working.

Maybe AI won't take me out after all, and I might even understand it.
The eXpress train is coming - and it has more cars.