Acrobat Previews

This forum is for eXpress++ general support.
omni

Acrobat Previews

#1 Post by omni »

Weird.

All of a sudden my work station, when using preview to acrobat, goes all the way and then says file cannot be opened, both win2pdf and bullzip.
The file actually is never written. Working from my work station, mapped to data on my w-drive, server. Will do this for a while, then all of a sudden it works.
Supposed to write the pdf to the same drive and path. Going on for quite a while, but figured it was something on my work station and I do not use that very often.
Now a user is complaining about the same thing. Does it for some users, once in a while. Same thing, no file is written. Appears to only occur when the starting drive/path is different than the path of the data. They use ADS and the server is different than their remote access server.
They have 100+ users and it apparently happens only once in a while, or reported once in a while.

Yes, verified the file name and that win2pdf and/or bullzip was the printer choice. That has not changed for years.

Just wondering if anybody has ever run across this situation.

Oh, using prchoice with minor changes, since about 2006

Fred
Omni

k-insis

Re: Acrobat Previews

#2 Post by k-insis »

If possible (as those are temporary files?) to write it to users temp directory instead of to network drive?

There is some snafu possibilites with cloud antivirus protection to fail/timeout as .pdf are source for numerous exploits.

If not, can you (at write routine) do a multiple check if file is written fully (write, check for existance then recover or continue=

Auge_Ohr

Re: Acrobat Previews

#3 Post by Auge_Ohr »

hi,

hi,

Which "exact" OS Version are we talk about :?:

Windows 10 have many Version where "Printer" make Problem
my "latest" Windows 10 is Version 10.0.19044.1147

Code: Select all

a := RegistryRead( "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProductName" )
   b := RegistryRead( "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\CurrentBuild" )
   c := LTRIM( STR( RegistryRead( "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\UBR" ) ) )
   d := RegistryRead( "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\DisplayVersion" )
p.s. "latest" Windows 10 Insider are 21390 which include 32 Bit OS ... Windows 11 is only as 64 Bit OS available
greetings by OHR
Jimmy