Copying Files to CD

This forum is for eXpress++ general support.
Bill

Copying Files to CD

#1 Post by Bill »

How do we copy a DBF File to a CD from inside a xBase application, if possible. I want to use as a quick backup routine for payroll processing. Can't get access to E: drive CD. Thanks for the Help. Bill

Auge_Ohr

Re: Copying Files to CD

#2 Post by Auge_Ohr »

Bill wrote:How do we copy a DBF File to a CD from inside a xBase application, if possible. I want to use as a quick backup routine for payroll processing. Can't get access to E: drive CD. Thanks for the Help. Bill
a CD R/W is not like a Harddisk so you can not "copy" Files to it.
you have to "burn" a CD R/W and there are some "external" Software that you can use a UDF System "on-fly" like InCD

Since XP there is a IMAPI-CD-Burn Service "build-in" OS() , but i never have use it.
IMAPI does have a API and you can access it with XbpActivexControl() ... but it is difficult

i do use Nero Burning Software. it also have a API but only in Nero Version v6x and v7.x !!! ( i think later Version work with .NET )
NeroRund.JPG
NeroRund.JPG (153.43 KiB) Viewed 10077 times
if you like i can send you EXE/DLL Demo
greetings by OHR
Jimmy

Bill

#3 Post by Bill »

Thanks Jimmy. I think I'll stick with Windows Explorer. It works if they remember to do it.
Appreciate your help.
Bill

GeneB

#4 Post by GeneB »

In addition to our normal backup routine, we use Windows Scheduler to send our critical files to two other hard drives on the network. We use seven batch files (day of the week) that run in the middle of the night. The data is still in the building but is a quick restore if the server fails (it has), it requires no human intervention, and the cost is nothing.

GeneB

Bill

#5 Post by Bill »

Gene, I'm going to use this. Thank You.