how to use an EgisTec ES603 Biometric Footprint Reader with

This forum is for eXpress++ general support.
rdonnay
Site Admin

Re: how to use an EgisTec ES603 Biometric Footprint Reader w

#11 Post by rdonnay »

I guess that the joke is on us.
This thing really does exist.
Bobby Drakos found it this morning in the EgisTec catalog.
Egistec.jpg
Egistec.jpg (379.11 KiB) Viewed 12533 times
The eXpress train is coming - and it has more cars.

Tom

#12 Post by Tom »

Just ordered one. This will increase security in our company by about one million percent. But we may lose the employees working in the entrance area. :think:

Brillant work, Bobby. :greetings-clapyellow: :greetings-clapyellow:
Best regards,
Tom

"Did I offend you?"
"No."
"Okay, give me a second chance."

Tom

#13 Post by Tom »

Just shared the topic in the german Xbase forum. Maybe someone there knows how to integrate that kind of device.

https://www.xbaseforum.de/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=10866
Best regards,
Tom

"Did I offend you?"
"No."

sdenjupol148

#14 Post by sdenjupol148 »

Tom,

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I already sent an updated version to Roger.
Seems their new model already does more stuff.

Bobby
Attachments
Egistec.jpg
Egistec.jpg (379.1 KiB) Viewed 12533 times

digitsoft

#15 Post by digitsoft »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Roger I refer to this device
Attached A photo
Attachments
Huellas.JPG
Huellas.JPG (129.25 KiB) Viewed 12529 times
Nolberto Paulino
Regards

rdonnay
Site Admin

#16 Post by rdonnay »

My granddaughter, Leanna, has given me a rundown of what is required to be able to capture and replicate foot odor. Here is her reply:

It would be much easier to make a footprint with DNA than with small molecules, which foot odor would be composed of. Those small molecules are usually small acids broken down from carbohydrates, fatty acids and peptides, or toxins/other metabolites that have been sweat out, which would all depend on the environment the person was exposed to, what they ate/drank/smoked, their genetics, the state of their health, the microbes growing on their feet, etc. And foot odor probably varies so much daily or hourly for a single person because of those factors. You could try if you really wanted to, but you’d have to know exactly which molecules in the foot odor you’re looking for, know which are present and at what levels they are at, be able to detect them all separately with your instrument, and hope they aren’t too variable within an individual but also variable enough across individuals to use as a footprint. Then, having such an "odor profile" and recreating the cocktail of molecules within it would require you to purchase stocks of every single one of those molecules (from a company that either synthesizes them through organic chemistry, or purifies them from an organism that has been engineered to produce it at high enough levels to purify) and connect them to some sort of “odor synthesizer” that can mix them at the appropriate concentrations.

So, it’s unlike DNA where all you need is the building blocks, which can easily be harvested from living organisms, who you can then transfect/engineer with the desired sequence to replicate it for you indefinitely. As it is, detecting a single type of small molecule or protein in the blood or other biological sample for testing purposes is not an easy task and costs a lot of time and money (that’s why most people don’t run preventative blood panels every year).

Now you know why people hang on to their loved ones’ scents for so long, because they are nearly impossible to recreate without them. :D

unixkd

#17 Post by unixkd »

For over a decade now I had integrated biometrics to our applications professionally using INNOVATRICS sdk. Licensing is faily pricy but the API is rather straight forward and can handle projects of any maginitude with diverse scanners.

check www.innovatrics.com

Joe

rdonnay
Site Admin

#18 Post by rdonnay »

Just shared the topic in the german Xbase forum. Maybe someone there knows how to integrate that kind of device.
Tom - I read the postings on your German Xbase forum. I had hoped that your members would have picked up on the intended humor of this conversation. Humor, of course, is subjective and (maybe) outdated? I hope not. I suggest that we all get together again this year in Boise, ID USA where we can have another shot at absurdity and also learn from each other again. I have some new stuff I want to show. Maybe we can get Chris to come and talk about his web solution.

Tom

#19 Post by Tom »

I was also surprised that the members took it so seriously. Doing that kind of work without any humor must be hard. ;)
I suggest that we all get together again this year in Boise, ID USA where we can have another shot at absurdity and also learn from each other again.
Learning never ends. But I'm not sure if I could make it to Boise, even though I'd love to see you guys.
Best regards,
Tom

"Did I offend you?"
"No."

sdenjupol148

#20 Post by sdenjupol148 »

Tom,

Sorry to hear that. Would love to see you and spend some time.
But if in the off-chance you can make it, we'll try to have a working model of that Foot scanner and the upcoming Buttocks imprint scanner called BigBertha.
This way we can get all the odors :lol:

Bobby